George MacKay x Reader / At last! Fluff

The promotion for 1917 had just started when Y/N found out her pregnancy. George and her had been together for eight years and they knew by now that they were made for each other and that they would probably end up in a cottage with gray hair and dozens of children and grandchildren. They had tried for the past two years to have a child but to no avail. So when Y/N took yet another pregnancy test after her being late on her period, she didn't think for one second that this time was the one. It is almost sighing that she looked upon the test, in hope to see the bar.

George had been away for nearly two weeks in America along with Benedict Cumberbatch, Colin Firth and Richard Madden for an everlasting series of interviews. He would usually call Y/N at around 6 am in New York for he knew that Y/N had her lunch-time break at 1 pm in London where she worked as a writer. Y/N had thus six hours in front of her to know exactly what to tell to her beau. At noon, Y/N still had no idea what to say and thought that she needed to see his reaction. She then looked at the calendar on her phone and saw that George would be back in less than a week. She decided that she would wait to tell him and planned for a surprise.

+++

Y/N had known Richard Madden through common friends and they had become quite close which made George proud. It is without a doubt that Y/N called Richard announcing him the news and let him into the secret. Between her finding out and her calling Richard, two days had passed during which Y/N had tailored an excellent scheme.

On the day of his arrival to Heathrow, George only had one thought in mind: to meet again with Y/N. He had bought a little surprise for her and could not wait for him to give it to her. He had called her early on, believing that Y/N could take a day off to reach out for him at the airport which was their habit. They would afterwards get a coffee at the airport before getting back to their house. But today George was in distraught as he did not see Y/N amongst the crowd but that numerous fans had joined as the news had leaked on Twitter. Richard then told him that she probably came back to their house seeing the fans. So after signing up some autographs and taking some photographs, George could not wait to get back.

Getting there, George set his luggage on the floor, announcing that he had arrived. Y/N then kissed him as she reached out for him. She could not wait any longer to tell him but that was not the plan.

"You must be hungry, I cooked you a little something"

"I don't deserve you, you know that?"

"Agreed", Y/N said winking at the upcoming father.

Y/N served him a weird texture that looked like a fruit purée that was all but appetising. George thought of a joke but seeing Y/N keeping her straight face, he pretended to be delighted with the idea of eating such a mouthwatering dish.

"You better get used to it, you will have to eat it for the upcoming years"

George looked at her with concern, not understanding what it was all about. Y/N then gave him a package that he opened in a hurry. In there was a picture of Richard Madden and a DVD of Coppola's The Godfather.

"Okay, I'm totally lost now", confessed George. After chuckling softly, Y/N gave another gift that this time was more evocative.

George once again looked at him with distraught at the present. He opened it and quickly understood what it was all about. In the box was a tiny sleep suit that made George examine any reaction from Y/N.

"Are you...?", he sheepishly asked to which Y/N nodded, tears forming in her eyes.

"Oh!" was the only thing he could manage to say. He then embraced Y/N in order for him not to cry for he tried to gather some assurance for his own gift. He displayed kisses all over Y/N's hair as he descended his hands over her stomach.

"Please tell me you won't cook that for the little on!", he said once he could collect his thoughts, indicating the compote that was burning in the pan.

"Hey, hey!", she answered slapping his shoulder with a small laughter.

"So does that mean that Richard was in the secret?", Y/N nodded which made George sigh "Well, I have a gift for you too but it will look dull comparing to yours", he added while still touching Y/N's stomach.

"Do you?"

"Huh-huh", he answered giving Y/N a tiny box. Y/N immediately thought that it could be... Could it? She opened it as George kneeled in front of her. He was about to ask the venerate question Y/N had wished for when she cried a loud "Yes!"

"Oh, come on I had prepared a whole speech!"