On Absences

Jeez, it's been so long and I haven't even realized... I haven't updated this story since before summer of last year. I am so sorry to have abandoned the small audience I had.

A lot has happened in the past couple of months, almost none of which had to do with me abandoning this story but that's besides the point. Why did I stop writing this story? Well...it just kinda made me sad, I never felt satisfied with what I wrote and I felt like I should have been able to do better, but nothing ever fit to my way high standards. As you can see by the fact that I still haven't posted any other stories. I've been writing them, but I'm too scared to post them.

I've also kind of fallen out of it with the It's Us fandom, it happened about a year ago because their content just didn't seem to suit me anymore. Writing this story didn't feel right when I didn't enjoy the characters as much as I used to.

I'm probably not going to be writing more of this story, as much as I want to. I just don't have the creativity to write stories over 300 words with only one or two comments. And that's not me blaming y'all. All of you are wonderful and I thank you for every comment you have given me, I only blame myself for not being able to use them. I put up such high expectations for myself that I bled all the fun and creativity out of my writing in an attempt to make something up to my standards.

Maybe one day I will gather up the confidence to post a new story, but it likely won't be an ask book and probably will not be about the It's Us crew. My current special interest is Lying of the YouTube channel Remember Comics, so if I'm gonna write about anyone it'll probably be him, though my interests are fleeting so who knows. I'm sorry if I made y'all mad for not updating and not telling people why. I'm still a young and inexperienced writer so I was scared to even publish this series, let alone admit to people that I couldn't do it anymore.

I was afraid to make an update like this because I was hoping that my motivation for this series would come back but it never has and likely never will. I didn't want to be like all the writers I loved who, to my mind, out of nowhere made an update saying they didn't have motivation and were stopping their writings, even though that's exactly what I'd done. So I selfishly hoped that people would just forget this story existed and I could move on. That was a dumb decision and I recognize that now.

I'm not going to delete this story or anything in case there are people out there who genuinely enjoyed it, but this will be my last update on it.

I'm deeply sorry for not saying anything sooner, and I hope you can forgive my selfishness. Thank you all for everything y'all have done, y'alls comments were what got me past stopping after the first chapter, hopefully one day I'll prove myself to be a better writer I can be satisfied with, and until next time guys, seeya!