Chapter 2

Emmett brought me some pizza as he brought my stuff in my bedroom. He shut the door and sat down next to me on the couch.

I started stuffing pizza in my mouth when he turned on the TV and he turned his face to me and laughed.

"What?" I said with a mouth full of pizza.

"Oh boy did I miss my sister." He laughed grabbing my neck and hugging me.

"Choking here!" I screamed and he unlocked my neck.

"Sorry Del." he said smiling as someone knocked on the door.

I took another bit of the pizza.

"Who's that?"

He looked worried.

"You see I'm not the only person living here." He said standing up.

"Well of course you're not you live with me."

"Not just you Del." he said opening the door.

I heard a large belch.

"Ethan Adams?" I said looking at the boy.

"Nah Emmett I thought your sister wasn't back for another month!" Ethan said swinging the door shut.

"She's my sister she lives here!"

"Well no duh."

I looked at Ethan with a sour expression. I did not like that boy.

"Well hey Delaney? Nice to see ya!" Ethan said going to shake my hand.

"Wow Ethan you? Manners? Good one!" I said smiling and picking up my pizza going to my room.

Just make it through this weekend, I kept telling myself.

How does Emmett live with Ethan? More importantly how am I going to live with Ethan? He's 18 and a senior. Why is Emmett a Junior friends with a senior, then again I'm dating a senior.

I threw away my plate and then looked at the time. 10:30 better call it a night. I changed into sweatpants and a t shirt. I put my hair into a messy bun and got ready for bed.

"Yo goodnight little miss Delaney!" Ethan said smirking at me.

"Go away Ethan!" I said shaking my head at him and heading to my room. I got in bed and plugged in my phone.

I laid down in thought.

How is Josh doing? How much does he miss me?

Then a thought ran through my head. Why hasn't he texted?

Emmett then came into my room.

"You awake?" Emmett asked sitting on the edge of my bed.

"Yeah."

"Well look, I'm sorry about Ethan."

"Yeah, me too."

"But hey, the good thing is we both play soccer so when I'm not here neither is he."

"Wow, lucky me."

"Delaney Matthews, are you going against my judgement?"

"Emmett Matthews, I clearly am."

He laughed at me "We will be fine." He said standing up and heading out the door.

Then I finally let the darkness take over me, with thoughts of Josh in mind.