Chapter 2 - Voices

Reporters and news sites were taking this phenomenon as an opportunity for more money and to pry into people lives. "Police are still looking for two missing girls as the entire world focuses on Flight. Where was Flight for five years? As a multitude of government agencies, including NASA, Homeland Security, and the NSA, descend upon New York, the story of the century now touches this middle-class neighborhood here in suburban Queens."

---

Alec was brought into his sister Paige's house, "I held onto your apartment as long as I could. Mom finally convinced me to let it go but I kept just about all of your stuff in my guest room." Alec could tell she was nervous, and uneasy about all of this so he gave her a hug.

---

A woman named Quinn was also on the plan, she was diagnosed with cancer five years before the 828 disappearance. It was leukemia but it wasn't responding to treatments she had tried. she went on the flight to see a doctor her in New York, somehow five years later she was getting her appointment. 

The doctor was amazed, "Your cell count is exactly the same. We're right where we were. It's amazing. It's truly amazing." Quinn nodded, "So I pick up with the same regimen, right where I left off?" The doctor said her plan would be a backup, "There's a new treatment protocol for cases within your profile; It's a game-changer. It's still in the phase trial, so we have to apply for you to join the patient group, which I'll do right now. If we get you admitted and we get a jump on the treatment, the odds are excellent."

---

Alec came down to the police station to see his old boss and friend, "As I live and breathe. Coming back from the dead, you've earned yourself a hug." the Sergeant said. Alec smiled, "Didn't expect you getting back to work this fast." Alec shrugged, "Yeah, probably not quite yet, assuming I actually still have a job here." The Sergeant gave a small laugh, "Technically, you still remain on desk duty. I'm guessing we can drum up a desk for you when you're ready."

Alec called a cab to take back to his sister's, he heard someone whisper slower which confused him. Slower, he heard again. "Excuse me, can you slow down?" he was compelled to say. The driver snapped at him, "Do I come to your work and tell you how to do your job?" Slower! Alec yelled at him this time to slow down. Finally the driver obeyed him and just as the cab came to a stop a little bo had ran out into the street to retrieve a ball. "How'd you see him coming?!" the driver freaked out looking back at him." 

---

Alec sat in the backyard of his sister's until she came home and joined him, "You ok?" she asked. "I think my mind is messing with me?" Alec told her. Paige laughed, "Ah, Where to begin?" Alec gave her a look, "I'm serious. Earlier today, I heard a voice in my head. It was my voice, but it was talking to me." Paige was confused, "So, like a psychotic voice?" Alec rolled his eyes, "Can you not diagnose me right now and just listen? Look, normally I'd go to Madison about all this, but now I'm stuck with you." Paige  nodded, "You want to know what I think? I think it sounds like you're losing your mind. I'm not being glib. Keep it to yourself before you end up in a psych ward having exploratory brain surgery." Alec gave her a raised eyebrow, "What do you think, the government just sent us home and forgot about us? Who knows what they'll try in order to find out what happened? And I don't want anything to happen to you. That's what I think." 

---

Another passenger Diego was a doctor researching and investigating a lot of avenues of people with cancer that were on the losing side. When he reached the floor of her work place everyone was waiting for him and broke out in applause and cheering. One of the doctors he was working with before than gave him a hug, "I was trying to race to you so I can get you my research off of the portal, and..." Diego was trying to explain but the other man interrupted, "I got your research five years ago. Your cell-regeneration model isn't just theoretical after all." Diego was shocked, "It works? As an actual clinical success?" he asked. "We've been treating pediatric cancer patients for close to months. It's already saved hundreds of young lives."