Chapter 5 - Did You Hear That?

It's the same night of the flight 828 explosion, that plane is destroyed, helicopters are in the air and a news reporter is on the scene along with the fire department and police. "Just four days after its bewildering reappearance, Montego Air Flight is no more. Thankfully, no one was injured in the incident. The aeroplane, which first mystified the world after it disappeared in April 7th, 2013. The plane exploded shortly after midnight here on the tarmac at Stewart Airport. Cause unknown. Sources close to the investigation say a group of the plane's passengers were spotted on surveillance camera."

---

The NSA questions the twenty or so passengers that were present when the plane exploded. One man said he was trying to find his son for three days that didn't even know he was alive. One of the NSA members came back to the main area after having questioned Alec. "What did you say?" Jake asked. "That I don't know anything," Alec answered. "Good. You don't. We want to stay far off their radar." Jake said. The pilot cut into there conversation, "But aren't you seeing things, hearing things in your head? They think it's my fault. They always blame the pilot," Daly said.

---

Another man was being question and told the NSA that he had an urge to see the plane. "I show up, kaboom." The NSA guy sighed, "How exactly did 20 people have the same... urge?" the guy scoffed. "I sell sporting goods. The hell you asking me for?"

---

A man came in calling another person in by the number 18. Alec sighed, "Sir, what is our status here? Are we under arrest?" the man replied no, they were merely detained. "Actually we're not. I'm NYPD. I know how this works. We've told you everything that we know, so if we're not under arrest, then you need to let us go. " The man walked away and soon came back with one of the NSA members. "Ladies and gentlemen, if you've given your statements, you're free to go. However, the events surrounding Flight are a matter of national security. You're instructed to observe a strict media blackout. Discuss this matter with no one. Not reporters, not your families... No one." A woman walked past Alec and spoe very rudely, "You could've played the cop card eight hours ago." Alec gave a sarcastic tone, "Oh, you're... you're welcome." The NSA man muttered to the other guy, "I want eyes on all of them."

Everyone was making there ways out of the hanger to the gates so they all could leave. "You want me to drop me you off at the precinct?" Jake asked Alec. "I'll take the train, it'll help me figure out what to tell my sister." Jake corrected him, "Hey, not a word to anyone." Alec scoffed, "Cuz NSA guy said so?" Jake sighed, "No, because it's safer that way. We're obviously scapegoats here. And until we figure out what happened to us, I don't trust anyone."

---

Alec accidentally scared his sister when he got home, she asked him about the news of the plane and how he was held over night to be questioned. "I went back to get my luggage. It was a big misunderstanding." Alec told her, "It better be." Paige complained. Alec went to get coffee and started hearing violin music. "I've got to go work, you can ask me more question when I get back." Paige called after him, "I'll hold you to that!" 

---

At the precinct Alec knocked on the captain's door before entering, "What happened to, uh, taking some time for yourself?" the man asked. "I can either sit at home staring at my ceiling or I can get back to work." Alec replied. The man gave a short laugh, "So, here's how it is. I want this to happen... You've got that going for ya... But I can't sign off until you jump through the hoops... The physical, firearms re-cert, psych eval." Alec was confused, "Since when is a psych eval a hoop?" The man grabbed some paperwork, "We're in uncharted waters here. After all you've been through..." he trailed off and gave Alec a folder. "Is that all?" Alec asked. "That's all."