Ch.2 - Running

Running. Running. Running.

For what it felt like hours, together we ran in unison until I felt like my chest was going to explode. Diluted blood still covered our hands and arms, but it wasn't as noticeable as the the thick smoke smell caked on every crevice of our bodies.

"Come on. We have to keep going." He looked me in the eye and grabbed my hand, dragging me along the sidewalk. Finally when he realized I couldn't run any longer, he picked me up and slowed down a little.

"Who are you?" I managed to cough out, my oxygen deprived lungs trying to hold on to dear life. His face was shadowed by the streetlights and all I could see was the shape of his face.

"I'm Zayn." He stated barbarically without any other comments.

My hands still shook and the tear stains were fresh on my face, which still dramatically held my makeup. I played the memory of our escape over and over again, refusing to believe what actually happened.

"Oh my god." I whispered for the tenth time, pulling my curled brown hair into a ponytail. I pulled the knife out of the dead corpse and dropped it on the ground, flinching at the large amount of blood that was now pooling.

"Hello? Sir? He's dead. You know that guy we just stabbed? He's fucking dead."

"Shut up." He said, grabbing the knife off of the floor and slit the man's throat, by this time most of his blood was spilled onto the floor, and not much came out. The dark haired guy grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the door and ignited a lighter from his pocket.

"Whoa what are you doing?" I struggled to wiggle my wrist out of his tight grip, but it was too late before I even said anything. The small metal bound flame slipped from his fingers onto the cheap blood soaked cotton shirt of our attacker.

I wasn't long before the fire climbed along the bed sheets, along the walls, and consumed the entire room. I didn't realize I was running until I heard shrieks from a few girls that were in the other room. "Fire! Fire!" They called out, frantically banging on the door that seemed to be lodged shut as a harmless prank. I stop running and turn around to look at the door that as now on fire.

"What the hell are you doing? Keep running." Zayn says.

"We killed that guy out of self defense. That we can testify to. But killing a few innocent girl's isn't going to go well if we get caught." I tell him. I clasp my hand together to stop them from shaking. Zayn groans and grabs a land line phone. He dials 9-1-1 and waits for a minute before speaking up.

"Hello? Yes. There is a fire here and few girls are trapped." And then he hangs the phone up and pulls my arm. I yank my arm away but run along side him.

And now we are running. We get to a car and he sets me in it and speeds off quickly.

"Where the heck are we going?" I ask him nervously. He doesn't answer so I unlock the car door and move my hand to open.