Part 3

Erik lead Elissa inside the palace, looking over his shoulder every few seconds as he hid her in a corner.

"Wait here, I have to clear things with the prince first," he whispered.

"Don't trouble yourself I can just go ho-"

Erik covered Elissa's mouth with his finger.

"None of that talk, we made a deal. Now stay here," he said before running off.

Elissa laughed to herself at Erik's child-likeness. Moments later, he returned with an older man with long white hair tied back in a low ponytail.

"Elissa, this is Bernard. He's prince Erik's right hand man, he'll escort you to your room," he explained.

Bernard grabbed Elissa's hand and gently kissed the top of it causing her to blush. "Well, you are more beautiful then um... Ethan described."

Erik elbowed him.

Elissa blushed even more. "Why thank you Bernard, your words are too kind. Wait— if he's the prince's right hand man, then who are you?"

She furrowed her brows at the prince.

"Oh... um... Did I say right hand man? I meant his personal trainer! Yes, Prince Erik is as strong as me now from how talented I am," bragged Erik.

Bernard coughed getting a deadly look from Erik.

"Well then my lady, shall I guide you? Ethan is very busy," said Bernard.

Erik nodded his head in agreement.

"Oh yes carry on, I must go now. I will come for you in the morning. Bernard carry her books will you."

Elissa gave Erik one final thankful smile before following Bernard to an empty chamber. Upon entering, it took her breath away. It was larger than her home. The rich fabrics that covered the rooms, the grand windows, the plush bed. She couldn't have imagine ever sleeping in a room such as this one.

Elissa fell asleep reading her books only to wake up in the morning to the sound of servants. They had brought her breakfast. It was more food then she had seen in her life.

"Wow, is all this for me?" she gasped.

The servant looked at her curiously. "Yes my lady."

"I can't possibly eat this all, would you like some?" Elissa asked, her eyes begging the servant to stay.

The servant shockingly replied. "No thank you my lady."

This made her frown. She had as much social status as the servant, why wouldn't they be able to share a meal?

"Why not? There's enough to feed the kingdom! I won't eat unless you eat with me. Pleeease." Elissa pleader, taking pity on the frail woman.

"Thank you my lady," she said her expression turning from sour to sweet.

"Please just call me Elissa," she smiled. The maid nodded. After she finished eating, the maid set the bath.

Elissa entered the bath loving the feeling of warm water. She never bathed in warm water. Elissa tarted to sing a lullaby her mom use to sing her as a child as she lathed her skin. Suddenly, the doors burst open and Erik barged in.

Elissa shrieked and tried to cover herself with her arms. "What are you doing! Get out!"

Erik was red in the face he quickly turned around. "Shh not so loud, she'll hear you!"

"Who will?"

"Don't tell her I'm here," he said and hid in a closet that held towels.

"Wait, tell who?"