Falling Apart

I looked at him now. My heart beating rapidly. He looked different and uninterested. But, something was different about him. It was his eyes. He may be a criminal, but that's because he's sad and broken inside.

  Swiper looked at me and smirked after looking at me.
" Do i have anything to swipe, dora?", he chuckled. "Swiper likes swipping".

"Not today, swiper", and I ran away.

  Did he know? Could he have possibly heard my heart beating like that? Why do i even like him? He hates me, and doesn't even talk to me unless I have something he could take away from me.
I cried and cried some more. I was gasping for air, my nose all runny. 'Im so gross' I thought.  I was unable to contain that heart ache any longer.

  Tap.. Tap. Someone tapped on my shoulder gently. I looked up to see Diego.
"Diego. It's you."

"Dora, are you okay? Why are you crying? Is some thing wrong", Diego asked.

" No it's nothing", I replied. Pulling up my bangs over my eyes, hoping to hide my red eyes. " let's go home, it's getting late".

  Diego followed me, not entirely convinced. "have you gone anywhere new these days?', Diego asked me, his kind eyes refusing to look away from me.

  Diego was worried. I guess he cared about me a lot, more that swiper ever would.

  I looked up at Diego and sighed. "Look, Diego, I don't want to go anywhere anymore. Not without my map"

"We will get you a new one", Diego replied trying to reassure me.

"No, Diego. I want my old map back. It's special to me. I found it when I was a child lost in the forest, after I got abducted. You know that."

" yes, I know. But I think it would help if we got a new one"

"You don't understand", I snapped and immediately realised what I had done.

" I'm sorry, Diego. I didn't mean to" I stroked his hair. " it's just it wouldn't be the same without that map. It's weird... I know, and not to mention crazy. I promise I'll come back around. I won't be like this forever."

Diego smiled at me when i said this.
"First tell me what happened today at the rescue center".

  I walked home that night. Listening and laughing to Diegos stories. " wow, I can't believe you did that. Did you take pictures?"

"Yeah, let me show you", then Diego ran into his room and came back down with pictures of a koala.
"Look" he chirpped.

  That's when my grandma came into the kitchen. "Look who is having fun. It's dora! Did you fun today sweety?"

"I did..." I said my voice trailing off.

"tell me what did you do?", grandma asked.

"Now is not a great time, grandma. ", I said and pulled Diego away from the kitchen into my bedroom. "Goodnight grandma", I shouted.

"Goodnight sweety, and remember The things that really deserve to be in your life will come back and find you."

I looked puzzled at Diego. "How can a map come and find you. It's just a map."

"That's just grandma", Diego replied.

  I wished diego goodnight and I went to bed. Diego then jumped off the window and disappeared  into the night. 'Jungle boy, I thought, but my thoughts went back to swiper again...

I wrote this just for fun. Who do you ship? Diego and dora? Or dora and swiper?. This is my first story, so it may not be perfect. Love you all.