"Its the truth", they said...

I stood there starring in horror at the markings I had made on the rocks.

"Papa", I said grabbing his attention. " I think this is the place where he tied me up first."

Mom looked at me really worried. "Are you sure, honey?".

"I don't know", I played with the dirt with my shoes. " But I have a really bad feeling about this. Like I shouldn't be here. And I'm remembering things"

"Remembering things?", my papa asked shocked.

My mom came over and hugged me. "It going to be ok, honey . He can't hurt you anymore he's locked up in jail", she said patting my head.

"I love you, dora", my papa said. " As long as I'm here, no one can hurt you", he said trying to reassure me.

Honestly, I felt a bit relived. He called me Dora. I did cringe. I felt like I was being fake again. Dora the explorer.

Maybe it's not so bad, being Dora i guess. I still have my parents. I don't have to take my feelings or pretend to brave and strong all the time. Because my parents are the people whose being brave and strong all this time.

And they did it for me...

I saw it now. The look in their eyes. They looked petrified. Like a little bunny starring terrified at the high soaring eagle.

"It's ok, mom", I said hugging her back. "I'm ok". She smiled in return.

The forest became darker and darker soon. We couldn't reach the river in time. It's supposed to be our water supply for the weekend. Luckily, we brought water incase of an emergency. We were supposed to be safe in our camping cabins, with functioning toilets, but now we are here.

My papa decided that we'll rest for the night in the van. I tried to rest, but my parents were glancing at me, now and again.

I was kidnapped a long time ago. But I do remember that I was suffering from PTSD for a long time. I couldn't even go to school normally because of my anxiety and paranoia.

I would wake up in the middle of the night with strange dreams. In those dreams, I would hear a guy whispering over and over again. His voice was cranky and hoarse.

I couldn't stay alone or with anyone, without throwing up a big fit. I would always scream that they were going to get me.

I suffered a lot, but in the end I decided to hide all those memories from myself. I forgot about everything I did as a child and completely changed myself. I only know what my parents have told me, and what the newspapers have to say about it.

After a while I pretended to sleep. Gradually my parents started talking louder. "What if she remembers?", my mom asked concerned.

"It can't be possible", I heard my papa reply.

"But we haven't given that medicine to her, because it was causing her depression and mood swings"

"We will just give it to her, again".Papa said.

"But she got a seizure last time", mama insisted.

'Enough!", he screamed. Papa was never that and before. At least I never saw that side of him.

I have to run away, I said to myself. It's the only way I can find out the truth about what happened and what's coming for me next.

I'm going ... to Alisa. She'll know what to do.