part eleven

Lydia White
I widened my eyes in shock, but ultimately closed them, embracing the familiar feeling of his warm cherry lips.

I rested my head against the wall behind me as his hands along my body, one to my hair, and the other to my waist.

It was a bittersweet feeling, kissing him. The shared passion was so euphoric, yet we both knew it came from a place of hurt and desperation.

He slowly pulls away, leaving me breathless. I open my eyes at the same time as him, causing our eyes to meet. His arms slowly remove themselves from my body and lower down to his sides.

My mouth opened like I wanted to say something...yet no words came out.

I stood there like a deer caught in the headlights, taking in his features while he did the same.

Harry's lips glisten in the dim lighting of the hallway as he shakes his head slightly. "You have no idea how long I've wanted to do that."

I lick my lips and regain control of my breathing.

"Me too." I breathe out, causing the smallest smile to appear on his face.

It was the strangest thing about Harry. With one look he could make me forget about everything else.

In this moment, it was just him and I. There was no danger. There was no heartbreak. There was no noise clouding my brain.

It was just him. Plain and simple.

"I love you." he whispers ever so quietly.

Although I knew, hearing him say it sparked something deep within me, causing me to look straight into his eyes.

"I love you too." I reply.

He shuts his eyes as if so much weight just fell off his shoulders.

In the next second, he flicks his eyes open and his green irises meet mine once more, with a look of desperation. "I know this isn't the life you want." he says.

I sigh. "Harry, you don't understand. I cant just pick up and leave everything."

"But you want to. Don't you? You know there's more waiting for you."

He might be right...but there's so much I'd be giving up if I were to go with him.

"I can't. What about my parents? My job? What about Eliza and her baby. She has no help with him, Harry. I can't leave her in the dust."

"We can make time for your parents when we know it's safe. Fuck your job. And as for Eliza...well- I don't know. We can bring her too." he pushes, making suggestions for everything.

I rub my temples as he continues to stress me out.

"Harry-" I start but I suddenly get cut off by Liam, who rushes around the corner, causing both Harry and I to flick our heads towards him.

"I fucked up." he says, gripping his cellphone in his hand.

Harry and I exchange looks.

"What did you do?" Harry says lowly.

"I-" Liam glances at me before breaking eye contact right after. "I called Eliza."

I feel my stomach drop.

"You what!" Harry raises his voice.

"Why would you do that!?" I add.

"I don't know! It was sort of an impulsive thing!" Liam puts his hands up in defence.

"What the hell did you even say to her?" Harry questions.

Liam scrunches his nose as he hesitates to answer.