The Drive

"So I see you got the feel of the group," Damien chuckles as you both leave the bar.

"They're so much fun, and all so nice," you can't help but smile.

"You should really consider interviewing for the spot, you would fit in so well. Tonight being a good testament to that." he suggests.

"I really think that I will," you respond, "do you think you could talk to the boss and get me that interview?"

"Of course!" he chirps.

"Thank you for such a fun night, you're such a sweetheart for taking me home." you say slightly tipsy.

"Anytime! You seem to be the life of the party! They all really like you."

...

After walking for a few blocks, you come upon a parking garage. You walk to a car that he unlocks. Damien comes to the passenger side and opens the door for you to get in, he holds out his hand for you to balance with.

He starts the car and you put in your address to his GPS. As he drives a song comes on that you love to sing.

"Don't make fun of me, okay?" you ask Damien.

"Why would I do that?" he asks concerned.

"I'm going to sing this song out loud, and it will probably be bad because i've had a few drinks." you say, placing a hand on his forearm.

He laughs at you and glances down to the hand you placed on him. By the time he goes to look at you, you've already turned forward and began singing. Loud but nothing too annoying. His mouth drops open and he looks at you. You notice in your peripheral vision but continue. As you continue he begins to join you and you harmonize together. Turning to look at him you sing to him and he sings back. Is this what happens when two people like each other? You genuinely like his presence. "He takes me for me even when i'm tipsy" you daydream. The song ends, placing your head back on the headrest you close your eyes.

Damien looks over and sees you close your eyes. He turns the music down to not disturb you. Feeling you adjust your hand he realizes it is still on his arm, and smiles to himself.

He takes you home and pulls into the parking lot of your apartment.

"Hey, y/n," he touches your shoulder, causing you to stir.

"Already?" you sigh, "I was so comfortable."

Damien snickers and gets out of the car. He opens your side and pulls your legs to face the door. You give him a pouty face and he offers his hands to help you stand. Grabbing your keys from your bag you fumble with getting it into the lock. A set of warm hands grab yours and takes the keys. He opens the door for you, walking you inside. You kick off your shoes immediately and plop on the couch. The door closes and you notice Damien admiring the wall of your canvas artwork and posters.

He turns to you. "Where did you get these from?"

"Walmart," you respond half asleep.

"They don't sell ones already done," he sarcastically says back.

"No they don't dummy, I painted them myself."

"You're lying, y/n! These are amazing. What can you not do?" He's genuinely shocked,

"I don't lie, Damien Haas. I cannot sew worth my life." you drift off to sleep.

...

Light wakes you up. Ugh. "Why is it so bright," you moan. Sitting up your head throbs from the night before. The night before. You fell asleep while Damien was here and you're not on the couch anymore. You're in bed. Oh the horror. Frantically searching for your phone you find it and unlock it.

9 unread messages.

From who?

3:43am D: Couldn't leave you on the couch, you looked so uncomfortable. You didn't seem to mind being moved. :) I'll let Ian know you're interested in interviewing.

Most attractive trio in LA

2:23am S: enjoyed going out y/n, you're so much fun to be around

3:34am D: agreed, you're so cool. Thanks for the dance :)

7:45am S: that dance was fun, thanks for teaching me something new!

-Shayne added you to a group: SQUAAAAAAAAAAAD-

(k-keith, n-noah, c-courtney, o-olivia)

2:35am S: so y/n this is the group, group this is y/n's number

3:00am C: ayeeeeeeee

3:07am K: wassup tex

3:15am N: good one keith, i think we have a new nickname for y/n

3:21am O: i like that ahahahahahah

You blink hard and try to make sure this is real. Two things: Damien text you separately AND he put you in bed. Plus you were added to the squad group (plus Damien of course). I honestly felt really special when Keith called me Tex, I dig it.

ding

Looking back down you see an email.

"Interview for Squad Spot" from Ian Hecox.

Oh my god. This is really happening.