Chapter 1

PROLOGUE

"Temidire, he will continue to hate you"

Mr. Badmus said while he ate out of his slice of bread and looked at Temidire as they sat on the long family dining table

"It's fine father. You've done so much for me. I'll do all I can to make him a better person." Temidire replied as he ate the last slice of bread on his plate.

"You're 20 and Adeleke is a year younger. He doesn't appear to be changing." Mr. Badmus dropped the slice in his hand on the plate as he looked at Temidire sadly.

"I promise your father, on everything you and this family have done for me. I'll make him into a man you'd be proud of."

Mr. Badmus smiled. "By the way, where is everyone?"

"Mother and Bimbola went to the market early while Leke is out playing football." Temidire said finishing his slice of bread

"No wonder the house is quiet so Bimbola is going back to school. I miss my secondary school days"

Temidire laughed. "That's a long time ago Father. Mother is also preparing for Leke's trip"

"I hope I don't regret my decision to further his education abroad instead of teaching him the business like you."

"You won't. It's good for him to be independent and learn."

"I don't regret bringing you into this family after your parents died in that accident. I felt guilty; your father was a good friend"

"My father loved you too sir, he never stopped singing praises about you being his friend and partner"

"You both have to take care of the family business even after I am gone"

"We will and keep your legacy alive. I promise"

ADELEKE'S POV

"You're so pretty Oluchi. We are going to screw tonight. You know that right?"

I could sense the pain in her arms as she struggled to take me up the stairs to my room. Why does she care so much for a bastard like me who doesn't deserve it?

"Could you stop saying stupid things?"

She said as she tried to catch her breath while I laughed, sitting on the stairs.

"I don't understand how you could get so drunk. If you can't handle drinking, just stop".

She said angrily as she struggled to lift me back on her shoulder and continued the journey up the stairs.

I felt my lips curve slightly with a smile.

"How far are we from the room? My head is spinning".

The rest of the trip up the stairs was quiet until we entered the room. I felt my body touch my cozy king-sized bed. I love my bed.

"I couldn't leave you at that party. Your mum, the stockholders, Temidire and the reporters would have eaten you alive. I'm sorry though". She said as she struggled to pull off my suit, tie, and shoes.

"Temidire, Temidire, Temidire! Are you still in love with him?"

I drunkenly yelled as she stayed silent.

"Adeleke Badmus Junior, I am yours right now; your ring is on my finger, not his. Shut up and sleep"

She sat beside me as I smiled, her words were like music to my ears and I didn't want to blackout. I haven't seen Oluchi care about me this much since we moved in together.