CHAPTER 4

LIES

ADELEKE

It had been three months and two weeks since I came back and three weeks since father died and had been buried. After the burial rights, the business continued.

I bumped into Oluchi in front of her office.

"Hey Oluchi how are you?"

"I'm fine and you? You don't look so good?" She said as my heartfelt warm.

"I'd get better, is your dad alright?"

"He is still in the hospital" he'd stay there until we can get the money for his treatment"

"He'd be fine. Are you on your way to the boardroom?"

"Yes." She replied with a smile.

They looked so beautiful that my heart also smiled.

"I'm heading there too. Let's go together."

I offered as she led the way into the elevator.

The elevator was quiet as we headed to the second floor, I could swear I could hear her heartbeat in the silence but wouldn't it be me just overreacting.

The elevator door opened as we headed into the boardroom and met everyone seated including mother.

"Mum, why are you here?"

"I had to. I'm a shareholder, don't forget" She replied with a smile

"It's fine. I grabbed a seat close to hers as Oluchi sat beside mine.

I smiled as I found myself in the middle of Oluchi and my mother.

I look at everyone in the room sitting around the large table and spotted Temidire.

The message 'hate' passed through our eyes for seconds then we looked away.

The lawyer coughed into the table mic as he sat at the chair in the middle and front of the room.

Everyone looked at him.

The boardroom has been arranged conveniently for businessmen.

The big screen for presentations was kept in a view easy for everyone to see and a mic on the table in front of every seat to let everyone at a meeting communicate comfortably.

There are at least 15 chairs around the circular table and the chairs at the edges of the table belong to the President and Director.

Until after father's death, the President's chair has been his and even though I didn't like it, Temidire had been director but that day, I expected things to take a different turn.

As the lawyer spoke, the slides that had been made available on-screen with the use of the projector scrolled.

I was scared but looked at Oluchi then felt confident.

"Why do I feel this way?"

*************Lies*****************Acquaintance then a wedding****************Lies******

"What? No way..." I yelled as I rushed for Temidire and began to punch him as hard as I could until I felt his blood touch my fist then let go.

"Hold on Adeleke"

Mother said as she held me by my arms after Temidire and I had gotten separated.

"That can't be father's will. I don't know what you and this hypocrite had planned but better adjust it Mr. Lawyer".