Chapter 6: Betrayal

As coral went through what had happened, she started to panic. The one person she trusted and loved the most had betrayed her. A man was holding her hands together as someone was tying her up.
Both girls sat there, fearful of the man. The man united the wrap around pix's mouth so she could speak.
"Coral I'm so sorry!" Coral turned to face away, tears threatening to trickle down her cheeks.
"Coral, I really am sorry, I was in debt and this was the only way!"
Coral realised what she meant. She was going to be sold to a circus or a zoo or a mad scientist. At that moment she started squirming away from the man, trying to escape. She twisted and turned, exhausting herself. She was out of options. Pix was sitting there, head bowed, displaying her guilt visibly.
Coral panicked, she'd been trying to avoid this all her life yet the one person she loved, bought this to her. Overwhelmed by her situation, she started to cry and realised she would never be free again.

Suddenly the panic room flooded with light and scorching heat. The men tried to run away through the door, but some thing or some one stopped them. They were burnt to crisps, their corpses slumping to the ground lifeless. As the heat and light began to disappear, Phoenix emerged from the flames and untied Coral and Pix.
" I never want to see you again pix!" She screamed. "Get out of my sight before I kill you myself!"
Pix got the message, and walked out shamefully.
Phoenix, confused, asked "what's wrong Coral?" And coral explained. Phoenix pulled her into a hug and re assured her it would be ok.
Coral had never felt such betrayal before.