Chapter 10: The Key

Coral sat in her seat at the back of the classroom, scribbling a drawing in her note book, absent minded.
Suddenly someone nudged her and she looked up, to see the teacher waiting for her to respond.
"Coral. What is the answer?"
"Uh could you repeat the question, please?" She asked shyly
"Were you not listening?" The teacher inquired.
"I was, I just need to calculate it fully, sir." Coral answered.
"If a molecule of Rutherfordium goes through Beta decay, what element does it create?"
"Oh, easy, it creates Dubnium and a beta particle"
"Correct" the teacher stated, amazed at her ability compared to everyone else. He hadn't even taught anything about nuclear decay yet.

~~~

"Damn, she's smart and beautiful" I murmured to myself. She turned and caught my gaze. I quickly averted my eyes and looked down at my paper, subconsciously biting my pen. Did she see me?? I feel my cheeks turn red. Am I blushing? Ohhhhh god... I quickly tear a page out of my small writing pad and scribble down a quick note. She asks to be excused to the bathroom, and she's allowed to. While no one's looking, I quickly place the note under her book, with a corner sticking out. Hope she does meet me... "Oh crap!" I murmur. That page had  hearts I drew on it! God I'm so hopeless..
~~~
As coral returned to her desk, she noticed a corner of a page sticking out from under her book. "What the heck" she whispered. She continued her work until the bell went. When the bell went, she packed up her belongings, scrunching the nite into a ball in her pocket smoothly. She wondered what the hell this note was going to say. Did the person know her secret? Were they demanding something for them to keep quiet?
~~~
After school, Coral snuck to the abandoned classroom, and slunk in, stealthy as a fox. She closed the door, and the lights went out.