⋆ 𝟐 ⋆

The other passenger and I are directed to an area outside to wait for a shuttle that will take us to the hotel.

It's cool and damp, and the sun is setting.

While we wait, I text my boss about my current situation. Luckily we're friends outside of work, so she isn't upset.

✯✯✯

The shuttle arrives and the driver loads our luggage into the back. The other passenger and I pile in and ten minutes later, we pull in front of a hotel.

A bellhop help us with our bags, and we make our way to the concierge.

"Hello, are you checking in?"
She asks.

"Yes."

"Names?"

"Dolan and uhh..."

He looks over to me.

"Attaway."

"Ah! Here it is. You're just coming in from the airport, right?"

"Yes."

"Alright, you're all checked in. Here are your room keys and this is a map of the hotel."

I'm about to thank her and be on my way, but I notice something and so does the man:
The number on our keys are the same.

One room?

"Ma'am I think there's some sort of mistake, we need two rooms."
He says.

"We only have confirmation for the one."

"Can we book another?"
I ask.

"Unfortunately, no. Your room was the last available."

"Well is there another ho-"

"We'll make it work."
He interrupts.

Is he insane? I don't even know his first name and he's just agreed to share a room!
But I'm not about to pitch a fit like a toddler in a toy store, so I bite my tongue.

"So sorry for the inconvenience,"
The lady says.

I'm really beginning to tire of hearing that sentence.