(16) I Hate Him

I can’t believe this is the day . I’m actually excited at the same time , you know why ? Because marriages only come once in our life (supposedly) and I’m thinking of enjoy it . Even though looking at Nathan reminds me of what he did , but I’ve hurt him a lot too . I’m not supposed to complain . We got married in a very grand ceremony and so was our dinner function . The dance was great . I didn’t fall but at the same time many people commented on my dance , that I wasn’t looking at my partner . Who cares ? It’s my day people . I was so tired after all the ceremony . It was late night . We did not stay at Mrs Smith’s place . We headed straight towards Nathan’s new house because he had to meet some important client the next day . Mrs Smith’s place was far from his work place . I asked Mrs Smith if I could spend the night at her place while Nathan goes back alone to his house . She did not agree . Now that we were man and wife , we have to be together no matter rain or shine , Mrs Smith advised . I nodded while mumbling to myself .

Nathan : Welcome to our new home . I know you’ve been here a few times , but this is the first day you’re going to stay here .

Me : Listen here , that marriage certificate we have isn’t enough for you to be my husband . Let’s make it clear . I go my way and you go to yours . I’ll not bother you and you don’t bother me too , please .

Nathan : *smiles* And what does that mean , young lady ?

Me : You see , we might be a great couple for everyone out there , but at home , NO ! You do not interfere in what I do and I won’t .

Nathan : Okay , it’s late . You should sleep soon .

Me : You don’t tell me what to do , okay !

Nathan : Okay Mrs Nathan , but you really should get going . Your final year starts tomorrow , remember ?

Me : What ? You mean I get to go to college ?

Nathan : Yeah , of course . What are you going to do here ?

Me : I’m confused .

So this what happened . Nathan has already told granny that he is allowing me to continue my studies . Yes , I only one more year . And granny supported him . That was so sweet of him . Finally , my dreams will be fulfilled . I thanked Nathan and he smiled . Oh boy , he had dimples on both side of his cheeks . I changed into my pajamas and took my pillow and belongings and went to another room . There’s no way I’m sleeping in the same room as Nathan . He didn’t say a word too . That was good . I heard a knock on my room door .

Me : *opens the door* Yes ?

Nathan : Good night .

Me : That’s why you knocked ?

Nathan : Errm , nope . Just wanted to ask if you need anything for tomorrow ?

Me : No , I’m fine . Don’t worry about me .

Nathan : Good then , I’ll drop you in college before going to meet my clients ,is that okay ?

Me : There’s no need for the trouble .

Nathan : I’ll take that as a yes . Nights Mrs Nathan

Me : *whatever* Nights too .

Things went on as usual . Nothing was different to me as a married student . Almost everyone from my college knew I was married to Nathan thanks to the news in the papers . People even questioned me when I was out . I would just give my usual smile and answered them . HE was really nice , but for some reason I still hated him , a little maybe . Because he lied to me before . I just can’t take it when someone cheats me . I told you I had trust issues . He had said sorry before and justified himself , but that’s not enough . I felt like I was trapped , being his wife even though I had all the freedom I want and he never questions me .

Till one day , it was a few days before my birthday and Nathan had to go on a business trip . He gave an early gift because he will only be back after my birthday . I took the gift from him . It was a beautiful necklace with the Eiffel Tower pendant . I got very angry after seeing the necklace . Because that was the same necklace I’ve been wanting to buy ever since I saw it . I did not tell anyone about it . I only wrote it down in my diary . And my diary has been missing for the past few days . I’ve looking for my diary everywhere but no where to be found . I was sure he was the one who took my diary and read it . What kind of a man will do this ? I threw the necklace away and stared at him .

Nathan : What’s wrong ? You don’t like it ?

Me : Very smart of you , huh ?

Nathan : I don’t get you .

Me : You took my diary , didn’t you ? I asked you a few days back but you said you have never seen it before . What a lie . Just because you buy me things I like doesn’t mean I will like you . Do you get me ?

Nathan : I’m sorry . I didn’t take your diary . What has this got to do with your diary ?

Me : I wrote in my diary about how much I wanted to buy this exact same necklace few weeks back . You stole my diary , didn’t you . How cheap could you be ?

Nathan : You’ve got me wrong . I have never seen your diary or intended to take it .

Nathan just picked up the necklace in the box and just walked away . I was supposed to help him pack his things before he left but I didn’t . You think I will be kind enough to help you after all that you’ve done ? This isn’t a way to make a girl like you , please . Nathan left without saying goodbye . Why am I supposed to be worrying ? I wasn’t on fault . No matter what he says , it wouldn’t make him the good person .

Two days later I received a phone call . Charlotte called and what she said just made me regret for what I did .