four.

CALISTA PLACED A HAND ON HER GROWING STOMACH UNDER THE SORGAN SUN. Her new friend, Omera, brought her a cup of spotchka and sat beside her. Ever since Calista had arrived at the village, the villagers had treated her like she was royalty. It must've been because of the priceless jewelry around her neck or her red dress made out of one of the rarest fabrics in the galaxy. After seeing the villagers, she'd traded in her old clothes for something more comfortable and something that would help her fit in around the village.

"I feel," Calista began, looking down at her stomach. She continued, a sad smile on her face, "like I do not have much time."

Omera looked at her with furrowed brows. "Don't say that."

"It's true. I can feel it. But it's fine. If I have to die to let my daughter live, so be it." She turned to see Omera shaking her head.

"I won't let that happen."

Calista held onto Omera's hand tightly, taking deep breaths. She felt extremely weak. She managed to smile up at the people around her, the people she'd grown to care for in just eight months. They were her family. Her grip on Omera's wrist loosened, her hand went limp and she swallowed thickly. Her eyes shut, she clenched her jaw and pushed just once more. She could hear herself sigh, but nothing after that.

          She looked beautiful, even if she'd taken her last breath the night before. With tears in her eyes, Winta placed flowers in Calista's hair as her mother paced in circles, trying to figure out how to bring her back. Omera went through every possibility in her head, mumbling to herself every so often. Calista was the first good friend that Omera had since she was young, she treated Winta with such kindness that the young girl had never experienced from someone other than her mother. Calista was a loved one, lost.

     "We won't bury her soon," Omera began. "Not now. We have to wait."

     "Wait for what, mama?"

     "Something. I don't know. Anything."

The Mandalorian arrived on Sorgan—he'd saved the lives of everyone in the village, well, almost everyone. He stayed there for a few days after, a child he brought with him was really enjoying hanging out with the other kids. Now, he sat on a chair outside of the hut he'd been staying in, watching the child mingle with the kids. That's when Omera walked up to him.

"Can you help me?" She asked, he could hear how desperate she was, he knew she must've been in trouble. he stood up, turning to look at the child.

"Hold on," he told Omera. He walked over, picking up the child and telling him something. He returned to the woman, nodding for her to lead the way. She brought him into a hut further away from everything else, Winta was waiting there, holding a baby in her arms and looking down at an awfully familiar body. The child started to struggle in Mando's arms, reaching out towards the body. He put the child down, he waddled over to the body and put his hand on it. Mando kept his eyes on the scene before him, but leaned over to Omera and whispered, "what is this?"

"Her body hasn't decomposed. We've been trying to bring her back to life for a month."

Then it clicked, why the body was so familiar, why the girl was holding a baby in her arms. His breath hitched as he watched the child struggle to reach up to the body's face. Mando knelt down, lifting him up. He watched as the body slowly started to become less pale, she looked as he remembered.

Her eyes opened, she started to breathe heavily, the child instantly fell asleep. Mando wanted so badly to take off his helmet, but he knew she wouldn't recognize him without it.

She sat up slowly, her hand immediately going to feel her heartbeat. She looked up to see Omera and Winta, she smiled at them, a tear slipped out of her eye. She turned to her right, a short gasp escaping her lips.

"You came back for me..."

     He didn't. But he should have.

surprise !! trying to work on a comeback and i just felt bad for leaving you guys hanging for so long