Chapter 18: Second Kidnapping, To the Elven Retreat

Finally, the third area of the game! Hallelujah! ...sorry, I just had to say that.
Miitopia belongs to Nintendo, I don't read the comments, enjoy.

"Huh?" Janice stared in confusion at a huge pile of boulders that blocked their path. "Hmmm..."

"Leave that to me!"

Everyone looked up as Aspen flew over to them. "I'll sort this in a jiffy," he said before inhaling a gigantic breath and somehow blowing all the boulders away. "Now you can get by, no problem!"

Janice thanked the genie and continued on.
...
Janice knew her friends well, so well that she was 100 percent positive that they wouldn't leave her in the middle of the night so suddenly. Yet, when the sun rose, the girls were nowhere in sight.

"Wait... Where are the others?" she asked the open air. "Did the Dark Lord take them away?"

"Ho ho! You are most perceptive, my child. Dark Lord Adiran attacked in the night," the guardian explained. "Perhaps you were a little too relaxed after saving Neksdor. Now more of your friends are in the Dark Lord's clutches!"

"I'd better get going then!" Janice reached for her microphone...

...but again, only her pockets came into contact with her fingertips.

"Ugh, again?!"

"Oh, and your power has been sealed away."

"Seriously? Come ON!"

"I'm afraid I'll just have to bestow another job upon you."

Right after the words were spoken, the familiar golden light embraced Janice, placing her into a purple lab coat and replacing her old weapon with a flask. A small magnifying glass was placed over her right eye, and a large cap covered her hair.

"Now go forth, Janice the Scientist! Ho ho!"

Meanwhile...

Janice's old team—Ethan, Apollo, and Jean-Luc—all sighed at the heat of...wherever they were. "It's boiling in here..." Ethan complained.

"Yeah..." Apollo agreed.

"Huh?" Jean-Luc looked to their left and saw three girls, a Chef, Cat, and Imp, all cowering in fear. The Chef opened one eye and, after seeing the boys, motioned for the other two to follow her and meet these strangers.

"Hi," Cadence greeted, waving at the boys. "M-my name's Cadence."

"I'm Ethan. Where'd you come from?" Ethan asked.

"It's that evil Dark Lord Adiran..." Teresa whimpered, shaking in fear. "I'm Teresa..."

"He kidnapped us and brought us here," Scarlette explained. "And I'm Scarlette.

"I see..." Apollo mused. "Erm...I'm Apollo."

"Then you're in the same boat as us..." Jean-Luc said. "My name's Jean-Luc."

Then Cadence paused. "Wait. You guys... You're not friends with Janice, are you?"

Ethan nodded. "How'd you know?"

"Oh wow!" Teresa and the girls reacted in shock.

"We're friends with her too!" Scarlette announced.

"I don't believe it!" Apollo gasped.

Jean-Luc smiled. "I guess that makes all six of us friends then."

"I guess it does!" Cadence giggled.

"Janice must be working so hard..." Ethan hypothesized.

"We can't just stand around like this," Apollo said.

"We have to try and find a way out of here!" Jean-Luc agreed.

"Right." Cadence nodded.

"We'll all need to work together, though," Teresa said.

"Fine by me! Let's do this!" Scarlette whooped.

All six adventurers began to cheer on their leader...

...unaware of the sad fate that awaited them all...
...
As a Scientist, Janice headed to the Realm of the Fey, where she learned the skill Glitch before a knock on her door caught her attention. "?"

Someone's at the door!

"Ho ho!" the guardian said. "Sorry to have kept you waiting again. I know that traveling alone can be quite discouraging."

"..."

"And so... I've arranged for a new traveler to join your party."

Tank: Cameron

Tank: Cameron

"Hello there!" the Tank said. He had red hair and green eyes, and his body was rather strange, made of rusty brown metal in addition to human flesh. "I'm Cameron. I'm ready for adventure! I'll fight really hard!"

"Get to know Cameron well."

"No problem!" Janice assured the guardian.

"Two more adventurers will be along shortly. You'll need to combine all your powers to move forward. It's going to be fun! Ho ho!"

Cameron told her that he came from New Lumos, a highly technological city, and that his creator had sent him to get rid of the monsters. He was quite optimistic, and that would most likely prove to be a good asset.
...
Back in the Realm of the Fey, Janice met up with the Great Sage. "Oh!" Harmoni said, smiling. "Hello, friend!"

"Hey, Harmoni," Janice greeted.

"I hear you've been keeping yourself busy. You showed Aspen the error of his ways! Not bad at all!"

Janice blushed. "Heh heh."

"By the way... How goes your pursuit of the Dark Lord?"

"Ulp! Well..." Janice explained that Adiran had kidnapped her friends twice already, and that she had no clue how to save them or where they were.

"Well, that certainly puts a monkey in your wrench," Harmoni sighed. "I might know which way the Dark Lord has gone. Yonder, toward the Elven Retreat!"

"Elven... ?"

"The elves are spirits of the forest. They are most gifted in the use of magic. They'll be no pushovers if the Dark Lord attacks." Harmoni waved as she walked off. "Until we meet again!"

All right, new world, new friend, and another scene with Great Sage Harmoni...she has to be my favorite character in this fic. I just really love how she came out.
Peace out!