Chapter XIV

"Mind telling me how in the span of an hour, you managed to get yourself transported into a different time period and meet this dumbass's unborn half angel, half human child," Lucifer eyes travelled between the two of us. We had walked back to the penthouse in silence, although I could tell a million questions were on Nathan's mind. He let me be though; I had just left my parents for dead, I needed a minute.

"Your guess is as good as mine," I shrugged and lied down on the red leather couch.

"Guess I have magical lips," Nathan grinned, sitting on the arm rest, now dressed in fresh clothes.

"I'm sorry, what?" He placed his hands on his hips.

"You had to, didn't you?" I sighed, placing my hands over my face for a moment before sitting up. "Nathan and I kissed. We kissed. It was a pity kiss and it meant nothing. Apparently, that's where she placed the portal between the two worlds: on his lips," I rambled on.

"I'm sorry, what?" He repeated and I rolled my eyes.

"Would you get over yourself. This isn't what's important right now. What's important is getting Sarah's daughter back."

"She's my daughter too," Nathan commented and I felt a sudden surge of anger rise in me.

"If I remember correctly, you wanted nothing to do with Sarah or her daughter. So, I hope you don't take offence when I don't call her by your last name," I spat. Come to think of it, did he even have a last name? "This is beside the point. We need to find a way to get her out of there." I turned to Lucifer, who was probably still hung up on the kiss.

"I know you like to fantasize about the fact that I'm the all powerful King of Hell and ruler of all that lives, but if you haven't noticed, my influence has decreased significantly, mostly due to you," he stated and I groaned.

"She said she was in purgatory. That's one step above Hell, isn't it? There must be another way to get there."

"Purgatory is Upstair's territory. There's nothing I can do."

"She said there was a powerful hybrid with her. Maybe she knows a way."

"The only way to communicate with her is through Sarah's daughter," he replied.

"We need to give that poor girl a name," I sighed, growing tired of speaking about her like she was less than nothing. "She said she would contact me soon, so I guess we just have to wait."

"Problem is, at least for you," Nathan looked over to Lucifer, "is that the only way she can talk to her is if she makes out with me."

"You're mortal now Nathaniel," he warned. "Don't test me."

"Go ahead," he stood up. "Give it your best shot." I placed myself between the two, pressing my hands on their chests

"This is getting redundant and annoying, so you're both going to sit on opposite couches and were gonna figure this out together. We're all we have left."

"Need I remind you that our biggest priority right now is defeating Michael. Have we forgotten about the fact that he's still out to kill me?"

"Wouldn't be that big of a lost," Nathan coughed.

"Nathan," I warned. "Maybe she can help. Word must've reached purgatory about the sword."

"Doubtful. They don't have much contact with the outside world."

"I'll look on my end," Nathan announced and I looked at him in surprise. "I know a few dozen angels who were kicked out and are feeling vengeful. They'll have heard of something." Lucifer nodded in recognition.