Chapter 9: Beta Cancri

Meanwhile, the Zodiacs are falling down through the sky. They end up crashing through the ground where they found themselves in Beta Cancri. After breaking through, the group found themselves in a dark cave. When they get inside, they looked around and unable to see a thing.

"Eddie." said Shanda.

"Yeah?" Eddie asked.

"May I hold your arm? It's getting dark!"

"Whoa, Shanda! What's that on your hair?" Eddie was surprised.

"It's Lice." Shanda thought.

"No." Eddie pulled out his phone and turned the flashlight on, revealing a crab on his sister's hair. "There's a crab in your hair."

"AAAHHHHHH!!!!!" Shanda screamed as she jumped into Eddie's arms. "Where are we?!"

"On Beta Cancri, sister!"

"Of course it is." said Alberta, who is trying to avoid being touched by some crabs. "This place has many-OW!" she yowled in pain as she removed a crab from her hand and throwing it away before taking her shoes off. "Crabs that I never saw before!"

"The crab is a zodiac symbol of cancer, Alberta." Elliot told her as she kicked a crab far away from her.

"Looking good!" Ron picked up a crab as he gave Vernon a wedgie with it.

"Ow! Let me go, Ron!" he said.

"Ron, what are you doing?!"

"Giving Vernon a wedgie!"

"No, throw it away!"

The Zodiacs left the cave after dealing with some crabs inside. Linda and Talia got crabs in their hair, they are struggling to get rid of them as they kept freaking out.

"Oh, Eddie. I thought this place was crabless!"

"We encountered Dark Castor and Dark Pollux in Pollux." said Talia. "In time, I got one pulling my shorts down like a dog." she took off a crab from her shorts.

"I washed my hair last week!" said Linda. "But, what kind of place is this?"

"This place looks like a...a beach." Eddie realized that the Beta Cancri is a beach with sand, the cave and the ocean. He put his hands on his hips as he watched it, fascinated.

"This is going to be fun!" said Ron.

"Speaking of fun. Dax is here." Cecil pointed his finger to Dax, who is turning a crab into a dark giant crab named Karkinos. "He created a-"

"Monster!" he said as the Zodiacs were surprised. "Surprised? I know you guys are persistent."

"You're a jerk, Dax!" said Eddie.

"Yeah!" said Linda.

"We're on a journey." said Phil. "And you won't get away with this!"

"Yes. I have someone who will take care of you and your friends. Behold: Karkinos!"

The dark giant crab appeared behind Dax. He is a crab with a dark color and has a D symbol on its back. Karkinos opened his pincers back and forth, ready to grab a victim.

"It's really a monster!" Cecil was horrified as Dax disappeared magically.

"Let's Go!"

The Zodiacs started to run away from Karkinos, who is about to pick up a victim. Lina is avoiding Gina from seeing him as Karkinos prepares to pick up the twins, but they dodge just in time to avoid being grabbed. Elliot is running along with Eddie, Phil and Alberta. They see the crab about to pick up one more victim. All of a sudden, Elliot is grabbed and Alberta is grabbed and carried her high into air by her dress.

"Elliot! Alberta!" Eddie screamed as he saw his classmates about to be eaten. "Put my classmates down, you crustacean beast!"

"ROARRRRRR!!!!!!!" Karkinos roared at his face.

"I'm warning you!"

"You heard him!" Phil prepared to punch Karkinos at his face.

"Eddie! I don't want to be eaten!" Elliot told him.

"I don't want to be a popular girl sandwich!" Alberta yelled.

Without any choice, Eddie stood frozen for a few seconds. He watched helplessly as he saw his classmates in danger. He decided which girl he must save: Elliot or Alberta. He started to use his magic zodiac power to save his friend and unleashed the magic rams from his hands. The rams started to damage Karkinos as more and more rams appeared, knocking him out and allowing him to throw both Elliot and Alberta into the air.

"AAAHHHHHH!!!!!" she screamed as Eddie saw Elliot and Alberta about to fall into the sand.

"NO!!!" he and Phil screamed in slow-motion as they started to save their friends, with Shanda, Ron, Dale, Cecil, Vernon, The twins, Linda and Talia watching them. They looked at both directions where the girls are falling. Eddie went to Elliot's direction while Phil went to his. And all of a sudden, The boy jumped dramatically as Elliot fell into his arms safely. The nerd carries Alberta as the popular girl landed into his arms.

"I got you." said Eddie.

"Eddie! You saved me!" Elliot happily kissed him for saving her.

"Thank goodness!" said Dale.

"A-W-E-S-O-M-E!" Linda pulled out her pom-poms and jumped up and down. "Eddie saves Elliot! Eddie saves Elliot!"

"Are you OK?" Phil and Alberta said to each other.

"I-I thought you were Eddie that I expected."

"I thought he was going to save you from being eaten."

"Is that all? The crab is damaged." said Gina.

"Uh, Gina?" Lina pulled out a D symbol, revealing that she saw it after Karkinos was knocked out.

"How did you....?" Ron was surprised.

"He deserved it."

"Well, Eddie, what are we going to do next?" Shanda asked.

"We'll go to Regulus." Eddie replied as he put Elliot down. "We're so stronger."

"You mean Regulus? The brightest star?" Dale asked.

The Astro-Zodiacs launched themselves from Beta Cancri as they flew away magically. Karkinos, who has his D symbol removed, died after losing to them. Dax became enraged with the Zodiacs' efforts to defeat the dark forces and find stars. "Zodiacs....I'm gonna make you pay for defeating The ram-like monster, the twins and the giant crab." he said as he watched the Zodiacs on their way to Regulus.