Chapter 6: Starlight

⚠️Warning: Swearing and other possible triggers are included in this chapter. I can't mention the others due to it spoiling a major part of the story.⚠️

**Very long time skip, hundreds of years**

5/15/580
Location: Limbo Office
Character: Thomas

It's another meeting day today. I'm sitting in my usual seat in the office just chatting with Alexander, my best buddy, then Lanae walks in with little Lizzie and we finish our chat. She introduces the meeting.

"The issue on the table is the tensions against citizens in heaven and if there needs to be a separate area for dangerous citizens," she elaborates.

We discuss, debate the issue. I strongly believe in it yet Alexander thinks they should just be sent to the Facilities. In the end, we decide to hold the issue for another meeting tomorrow, but it was looking good for my side. I head home.

I arrive home and dress into more comfortable clothes. I plop onto my bed and curl up into a blob to take a nap. I close my eyes, but feel a soft weight on my chest. I open them again to find Lizzie, hugging me. She seems upset, so I gently pat her fluffy locks. She looks up at me in concern, confirming my assumption. I decided to ask her what's wrong, but she just shakes her head and crawls under the covers next to me, falling asleep. I follow not much later.

**At approximately 2am**

There was a bang, then quiet, then yelling and screaming. I shoot up, awake, running to the window with no hesitation. The back of my head burns for no exact reason, but I push that aside. I check back on Lizzie to find her gone. I think she went to The Galaxy, but I'm not sure. I walk out of my room just to be ushered out and into a closet, then into a back safe room.

"What the hell? What's happening?" I ask, confused.

"We've been invaded by a very powerful man and a crew. He's open firing, he's killed at least five men already..."

The woman runs away, locking me in. Suddenly, I hear a scream. I slam on the door, but to no prevail, nothing happens. I try to teleport out, but it doesn't work. I hear another scream, but it's closer. I listen in.

"Please, you have to stop! You're killing innocent souls! STOP!"

It's Lizzie. I lose my shit and slam once more at the door, unhinging it. I race left, then right, then another right to find her face to face with the gunman. He stares her deep in the eye, then raises his pistol. I run over, pushing Lizzie aside, just in time to save her from the bullet and to be shot inbetween my ribs. I scream in pain then crumble to the ground, Lizzie catching me. Her green eyes pierce into mine and she looks like she is about to cry. She finally starts to talk as the man is tackled by security.

"Tommy, why? Why did you have to put your life for mine? Why?", she starts to cry, "I can't lose you!!"

"Lizzie, look at me, shh shh," I pull my fingers through her soft hair to calm her down, "I would put my life down for yours any day. You are so worth that every drop of blood that falls from mine is in your place. I..."

I hear a scream from behind me and running footsteps. I look to find Lanae and Alexander, both in tears.

"I'm sorry for leaving you, remember you can always see me in The Galaxy, just look up at the moon and hold your pillows tighter, loves," I spill out.

I'm too scared to die, yet I feel my vision getting black and my light fading. I decide to say one more thing.

"Stay alive, Lizzie, history has its eyes on you."

Word count: 657
[Author's Note: Sorry for the chapter being cut short, it couldn't be dragged on longer and it was a very important event for the story ^^']