Chapter 32

The sun was slowly rising, and the waiting was unnerving.

We all stared by distance the chat between Chrom and the so called Marth. But I believe I can call her Lucina by now.

I mean, it was obvious since she even called him father. But of course, Ghost and I were the only ones to know...except Fu, maybe.

But the others...

Vaike:"I really don't get. What are they talking about?"

Lissa:"Aaah, I want to know!"

Marybelle:"It is weird they're talking in private..."

Donnel:"Hey! The lady's cryin'!"

Ricken:"S-She's what!? Uhm, but it's not because of the captain, is it?"

Miriel:"And now it appears he's hugging her. I do wonder for what reason."

Kellam:"Oh, I'm sure there is a reason...hey, are you listening me?"

What was worrying me most was how Sumia was taking it.

She was watching the scene by herself, while ruining flowers. A lot of flowers.

Sumia:"...He loves me...He loves me not...He loves me...He loves me not..."

Me:"All right, enough is enough."

I stood up with a small jump and, ignoring everyone's voices, I went to the duo.

Me:"Hey, Chrom?"

Chrom:"Hmm? Oh, Y/N. What is it?"

Me:"Well, everyone there are getting quite annoying for your behaviour here, and I don't like rumors. Beside, give a look at your wife, would you?"

They both turned to Sumia and I was shocked as well when I saw how much the pile of flower has grown while I didn't look.

Chrom:"Er, Sumia? Why in the god's name are you shredding those poor flowers?"

Sumia:"I'm not spying on you! You can't prove that I am!"

Then she noticed Lucina.

Sumia:"Oh gods! You brought...HER!"

She sobbed and sniffed on a white tissue.

Me:"Oh my."

Chrom:"Can we tell her, Lucina?"

Lucina:"Of course."

Me:'So we were right.'

Sumia:"Lucina? But wait, that's..."

Chrom:"Sumia, this is going to be something of a shock, but...I'll just say it: this is our daughter, Lucina."

Me:"...No, it had more effect the first time."

Sumia:"...What?"

Lucina:"It's true, Sumia. I'm your daughter. Look closely and see for yourself."

She moved her hair to show the left eye better. I then noticed it had the same mark of Chrom's tattoo on the shoulder.

Sumia:"Y-Your eye! It has the Brand!"

Me:"The what?"

Chrom:"The Brand of the Exalt. It's something carried by all House Ylisse's bloodline."

Sumia:"This...This is..."

Chrom:"Do you see now?"

Sumia:"No, Chrom, I do NOT see! This doesn't make any sense!...Wait. Is my Lucina all right? What did you do to her!?"