EXTRA - Yoko

He liked to watch her.

Jet black, silky smooth hair, framing her dark, olive-skinned face, lit up by her hazel, almond-shaped eyes that shone with passion.

Those eyes had been the reason he'd first invited her to step into the elevator. They were so young, so fierce, so bright and excited. She followed him around as he fought his way to defeat the creatures plaguing her area, proving a remarkably useful asset, and when the time came for him to return the ship, it would've been a crime for him not to invite her.

That seemed like so long ago, and yet, it had only been three months.

"Ha!" she shouted gleefully as the ship came to a landing, leaping away from her place, from where she'd been steering it all on her own for the very first time. "I did it! Look, I did it!"

She looked over at him, where he'd been leaning on the wall, arms crossed, just watching. Watching the life she was so full of light up her body, flooding her actions and letting her truly shine.

Because she may not be particularly graceful, ladylike, or pretty, with her high cheekbones and long nose... But did it matter?

Yoongi thought true beauty was the look in her eyes, the way she moved with not grace, but with energy, with meaning, with purpose, with passion, with life.

She pranced over to the door and looked over her shoulder at him for permission, chin-length hair bouncing with the movement. He gave her a nod, and she pushed it open.

Knowing he should follow, he gave her a quick 5 seconds of glory to go out on her own, see where she'd landed herself. After counting, he pushed himself away from the wall and strolled out after her.

It was quick. The scream, piercing the air, the way he rushed to the door, faced with freezing cold air pelting his face, but he just pushed through, kept pushing through, had to.

It would have been gorgeous had he been able to admire it. A landscape of glittering crystals, a sky of icy blue, everything shining, ablaze with the fire of the star above.

Before he had time to think, there was another at his side, and together they pulled the girl back into the ship, the safety, the protection.

No time to think, no time to look, no time to question his trust. Slamming the door shut, he raced for the center, leaving the two others behind.

His whole body shook violently, trembling hands searched unsteadily, pushing aside valuable items without care. He scrabbled for the key.

"Hey." Two considerably much steadier hands led him away from the heart of the machine, guiding him back to the girl- steady, but not slowly.

Yoongi fought, but he held him tight.

"Trust me. I can help."

What it was that made him listen to those words, Yoongi would never know. For all he knew, this complete and total stranger was the cause of her death, and the brain had less than two minutes of life left in it.

But still he let himself be guided, he knelt by her side and held her while the stranger calmly held key to lock and opened up the heart of the ship.

The life flooded easily from the machine, flowing directly into the body. The pair stood back and stared, each limp, relaxed... defeated.

As much of a nightmare this was, they couldn't help but watch in awe as the energy seeped into the body, slowly repairing what it could.

When the process was over, Yoongi sighed and slumped against the wall, finally letting himself look at the stranger, his silhouette. Golden skin, messy hair, the slope of his nose and shape of his lips.