~part 18~

You flooded your mind with music trying to push out your thoughts. You needed to get work done. Music was a safe place. You were able to concentrate, but also forget everything at the same time. It was perfect. Tom just worked, but constantly looked up at you scared. Scared that you didn't want to be with him anymore because of his Dad.
His Dad sat there for probably and hour. It was like he didn't trust Tom to work while you were there. But he did eventually leave. And glared at you when he did. After four hours you were able to go home. You got all your stuff and saw a text on your phone.

Tom- Go to my place, I'll be there about ten minutes after you. You left and smiled at Tom nervously.

"This is so dumb." You said to yourself. Max didn't answer his phone so you started to walk. Tom was going to get there before you. You groaned, and it started to rain.

"Yeah- Thanks nature I really needed that!" You said sarcastically and put your jacket over your head.

"Need a ride?" You heard Harrison from the street beside you.

"Y-yeah!" You ran to his car and got in the front seat.

"Where you headed?" Haz asked.

"Toms house." You cleared your throat. Haz rolled his eyes and sighed,

"fine but that's 50 bucks." He put his hand our for you to pay him.

"Stop." You hit him softly. He laughed.  The car ride was silent. And it was awkward too. It was so weird because you never felt awkward with Harrison.

"Y/n, I didn't ruin our relationship by kissing you right?" He said out of no where.

"No!" You laughed, "no we're good." You pulled up in Toms driveway, and you started to get out of the car but Haz grabbed your hand.

"Wait Y/n."

"Yeah?"

"I don't think Tom is good for you."

"Haz stop."

"You just don't know him like I do. He's not right for you, and you could get hurt."

"Ok Haz, if I get hurt, you'll be the first person I call." You got out of the car and ran inside. You felt like everything was trying to stop you and Tom from being together, but you also felt so amazing around him. Like he made up for all the crap in your life.
You genuinely felt like you didn't deserve him. He gave you a feeling that you couldn't describe. You sat on his perfect couch and thought. Maybe- maybe you weren't good for Tom. If anything you're going to ruin his relationship with his Dad, or ruin his business.
You took a deep breath and rested your back on the couch. Then Tom came in, so you sat up straight.

"Y/n." He smiled and sat by you, dropping his stuff at the couch. "Listen, my Dad is a jerk, and he doesn't want me to be with you b-"

"Yeah Tom. Maybe we shouldn't be together." You said slowly.

"What!?" He asked confused .

You flinched "I just feel like everything is trying to pull us apart."

"D-do you not want us to be together?" You didn't say anything because you 100% did, but you didn't want to be a bad thing in Tom's life.

"Okay I see." He stood up, and walked in his elevator.

"No Tom!" You ran into the elevator just before it closed.

"I want to be with you! But don't you think that the world is trying to give us a sign?"

"Y/n," he said grabbing your hands, "When I want something, I am determined to get it. I want you." There was a pause. "But if you're here to tell me that you don't want to be with me then let me save you the trouble- we don't have to be together." You looked shocked, and took your hands away, "is that what you want?" You asked concerned.

"No!" He laughed, "I don't think you understand that I like you. I really REALLY like you Y/n."

"Really?"

"REALLY! I am willing to fight for you because I know that my prize will be worth it."
You blushed, "I'm glad we can agree on that." The elevator door opened to a room full of electronics. You both went inside. He stood at a computer that looked like it could send you to the future, it was a stand up computer though.

"Run away with me."

"What!?" You practically screamed.

"Not really. But lets go to a place where we can be together, where I can work, and where no body knows where we are but us." He said excitedly.

"You're crazy."

"I'm not though! I know a place."

"No- You're crazy because you don't know if you really love me. What if we end up fighting."

"Oh I know I love you." You smiled at him then kissed him. You weren't used to people telling you they loved you, it felt so good. You kissed him again and he kissed you back,

"I hope that's a yes." He smiled.

"It's a maybe, leaning towards a yes."