Chap. 1

I flipped around in my bed, feeling extremely restless.

"Jackson?" I groaned out loud.

Confused when I didn't get a response, I fluttered my eyelids open and turned my head to look around me. Gone. Jackson was gone. That's when my memory of last night, the encounter at Bean Serene, the letter, and the break up-came back to me. It all flooded back. I was alone.

I punched my sheets. Why? I don't know. It felt good, I felt better now. The sharp, stabbing pain in the pit of my stomach was put to a temporary ease when I hit my bed. I kept hitting my sheets and my pillows. Punch. Punch. Punch.

My vision started getting cloudy; but I didn't care. Then, when I had enough, I dragged myself up towards the bathroom. I had to go to work, I couldn't be punching my sheets like some psycho.

That's when I remembered what was expecting me at work. My boss, Delaney.

Darn it. I was so not looking forward to seeing Delaney and the other coworkers there. Delaney was a short Italian man with a large stomach. His words came out in grunts and his sentences were never ending. 

I honestly learned to just nod when he spoke. He was strange, with a thickly grown moustache above his thin, pink lips and shoes the size of your mailbox. Delaney was intimidating and I was betting that was the reason that he wasn't married. 

I brushed my teeth robotically and focused on a dirty spot on the floor. Crap. I have to clean that don't I? Now the cleaning is up to me. I looked on further towards something shiny beside the toilet. A piece of a razor. For some bizarre and unknown reason, the razor was calling to me. 

"Christine. Psst. Christine. Use me. Use me."

I was hypnotized by it. The silver shine of it was beckoning me, drawing me towards it. I dropped my toothbrush and bent over to pick up the razor. I held it up to the light and watched the reflection of the light it made. So shiny and sharp. What would happen if I just sliced it across my arm or the skin above my heart? 

Would Jackson care then?

I held up the razor where my heart was; I wanted to cut where he made his home. He didn't deserve to be there. Here goes. 

Right when I held up the sharp miniature knife, my ears rang.

Beep. Beep. Beep.

My cellphone was ringing. I threw the razor down and padded towards my bedroom. Throwing things around until I found my phone. I flipped it open, "Um. H-hello?"

I held the phone away from my ear when the person on the other line couldn't stop shouting. Were they crazy? Who was this?

I looked at the front of my cellphone. Oh no! Delaney.

"Where are you? Get here. RIGHT NOW!"

I stuttered an answer. "Y-yes, sir."

"Goodbye!" he shouted briskly.

The line went dead.

"Bye sir." I said to no one. I snapped my phone shut and threw it on the ground. Then I rubbed my face with both hands, feeling tired and lonely. If Jackson were here, he'd be massaging my shoulders.Telling me everything was going to be all right. Now where was he? Was he okay? Was he watching the news like he'd use to with me, drinking a cup of OJ and eating fresh strawberries? I hated this.

I hated this so much. But before I could obey the calls of my razor, I got dressed with puffy eyes called out to Ceaser. 

"Ceaser!" I shouted, looking for him.