Chapter Eight - Halloween

Hi!

---------------------------

A few weeks had passed and Astoria started to feel more and more useless. She only ever felt true happiness around Ginny or even on a broom, and there was always the thought in the back of her mind telling her no. That she shouldn't be on a broomstick because her condition would worsen or that she couldn't date Ginny because she'd never like her back or she'd just lose her. So, she was never really happy.

She started to become addicted to the sensation cutting herself brought, and she would tell herself it was so her nightmares weren't as bad even though she knew that wasn't true. The truth was it was a way to relieve stress when times were tough and she was overthinking (which she did a lot). She knew it wasn't healthy, but if no one knew what harm could it do? She hated it, but people could tell something was wrong and no one knew exactly what it was. Daphne thought her condition was getting worse and Astoria let her think that.

Halloween was coming up and the Gryffindors had decided that they'd through a party in the RoR (Room of Requirement) with what to require to get in on the invitations. None of the Slytherins were invited as expected, so they decided to throw their own party in their common room. They were all secretly hurt that they weren't invited, but being in Slytherin meant isolation from the other houses. It wasn't fun having to depend on only a quarter of the school when in trouble, but they were all very loyal to each other.

Ginny and Matthew waited for a few Slytherins wanting to talk. They knew that the Slytherins probably hadn't been invited and so they decided to smuggle an invitation and bring it to them. The first person that came out was a third year girl who seemed a little confused by the presence of outsiders. Matthew tried to give her the invitation but the younger girl was convinced it was a trap.

Soon after Theodore came out and also seemed a bit confused by their presence.

"We stole an invitation and thought you guy's might like to come," Ginny explained.

"I don't know," Theodore didn't seem pleased, "we've got our own plans, and the others won't be all that pleased."

"You told me that you guy's are always excluded," Matthew started, "you don't have to be."

"I want to ask the others. I'll take the invitation, but we might not show."

"I except those terms," Ginny was happy they even took the envelope. "Give us your answer by tonight."

"Okay."

"Bye," Matthew and Ginny then left.

The two students were pleased and felt like they had accomplished something and they were proud of that. It wasn't much, but they had managed to possibly cheer up a few students and that was worth it. Whether or not the Slytherins actually showed up to the party hadn't been decided yet, but the two hoped that they would show. They knew it was wishful thinking, but they held onto hope.

-~-

Theodore had told all of the Slytherins that Ginny and Matthew had invited them to the Halloween party. None of them really wanted to go, Pansy didn't want to be a party crasher, Draco didn't want to course a seen, Tracey didn't want to create even more of a rift between the houses and Astoria didn't want to go to a party filled with drunk students. None of the Slytherins drunk because it had been nailed into them since birth that it didn't look good. They wouldn't be breaking their habits any time soon.

So, they all decided that they wouldn't go to the RoR and continue with their plans. Theodore asked if he could invite Ginny and Matthew and everyone thought it was a good idea since they were now excepted as family. Millicent wanted to see Matthew anyway, and Astoria wanted an excuse to speak with Ginny. So, they were invited and gladly excepted.