0.3

Reagan 

"Come here Rae!" I hear my dad's sober, soothing voice coax me to him.

"Dad, you're better?" I ask, hopefulness clear in my tone.

My dad laughs, full and throaty, almost as if he's making fun of me, "Fuck no Reagan!" He laughs louder and I feel like crying. But I'm stronger than that, I feel my hands ball up, and I'm stomping up the stairs, to my sacred room. I sit in the corner hoping that he didn't follow me.

"Come here you little bitch!" I hear a familiar yet unfamiliar voice taunting me as I am beat over and over again.

I awoke in the backseat of my car, sweaty and screaming. 

My heart is pounding out of my chest. A nightmare, it was just a nightmare. They happen regularly, it's okay. I'm okay.

After calming down I feel around for my crappy phone to look for the time. 5:57AM. I hope I make it to Collins house on time. I have to shower at her house right after she leaves for work which is around 6:20, I use the key she hides in her flower pot and sneak in.

I think she knows. Collins is not stupid, she just doesn't want to say anything to make me feel bad. And frankly, I am thankful. 

By the time I arrive to her house it's 6:15 and her car is not in the driveway. I grab some clean clothes from the trunk of my car and make my way inside.

Her house smells of vanilla and lilac. I make my way up the stairs to her guest bathroom. I make the shower quick, leaving everything just how I found it, get dressed and I'm out the door again. This happens almost everyday, when my so called "mom" is not home, I can stay there.

I check the time one more time and it's 6:45 school doesn't start for another hour.

I decide to kill time and get a coffee. Fetching for my bag I look for any spare change. I find a crumpled old dollar, three quarters, four dimes, and twenty pennies. I quickly count everything up and come up to two dollars and thirty-five cents. That should be enough.

Pulling up to the local Starbucks I see a very familiar car. It's all black and squeaky clean, a range rover. Oh-no, it can't be. I tell myself, but glancing into the shop I see the familiar blonde hair with his nose deep into a book. Maybe if I don't make eye-contact he won't notice me. No one notices me. 

I push the door open and no one looks in my direction, good start. I walk up to the counter.

"Hi, welcome to Starbucks, what can I make for you today?" the over excited employee exclaims.

"Uh, hi." I try to be as quiet at possible. "I'd like a tall Caffé Mocha."

"Excuse me? I couldn't hear you properly."

I speak just above a whisper, "A Caffé Mocha."

"Sorry? And can I have your name please"

I give up and talk in the correct volume, "A tall Caffé Mocha, Reagan." Then I feel it, someones eyes burning into my backside.

"Okay that'll be two dollars and twenty-five cents." 

I hand her all the change I have, "Keep the change."

I turn around to wait for my drink hoping it won't take long. As I spin on my heel I bump into hard surface.

"Wow, watch where you're going Reagan." the surface chuckles, and I know it's him.

"I-uh-I clumsy, sorry." I look at the ground and his hand is on my chin forcing me to look at him.

"Don't go all shy on me." I look back at the ground. "Come, sit with me."

I follow Niall to the corner he was sitting in. 

"Reagan?" The barista announces and I'm glad, as I stand to get my drink, Niall gently pushes me back down in the seat while he strides over to the counter.

"Here ya go." He hands me the drink when he returns.

I mumble a small thanks as I look around. He was reading Catcher In The Rye one of my favorites. He also has a pin on his green Jan-sport backpack. A goat?

"So how's it going since the last time I saw ya?" He says suddenly.

"Okay." I say quietly.

"Just okay?" I nod shyly. "Hey you know that English essay on one of Shakespeare's plays?" He quickly changes the subject.

I nod again.

"Do you mind if you can help me? I love reading and everything but really old stuff gets really confusing for me. I got Romeo and Juliet have you read it?"

"Yeah it's such a stupid story." I say without thought as I roll my eyes.

"You're kidding." Niall scoffs playfully.

"I don't kid, Niall." 

"Okay, well I would love to hear more insight on why you think Romeo and Juliet is such a stupid story." he smiles, a genuine "I would love to know what you're thinking" smile.

"Sure, why not?"

"Okay cool, you have psychology last period, right?"

I nod skeptically, how does he know that's my last class?

I can see that he caught on to my thinking. "Uh well I-uh, I will uh, wait for you then." 

I laugh and smile, an actual generally happy smile, I haven't done that in so long. "Don't go all shy on me, Niall." I continue smiling.

Niall rolls his eyes as he tries to hide his amusement. 

I think I might finally have a friend.

----------------

OH MY GOD I AM SO SORRY YOU GUYS

I HAVENT UPDATED IN WEEKS YOU PROBABLY HATE ME IM SORRY

I HOPE I CAN UPDATE TOMORROW OR MONDAY

Thank you for sticking with me this long if you have, you're the real MVP. So much has happened since I last updated I'm so sorry babes.

Hope you had happy holidays and a merry new year, yes I meant what I typed.

please remeber to comment and vote and if you want to you can follow me or whatevs. But any of the three would be really nice and very very rad.

Love you, xoxo