3 - The next Disney princess

ALBERT

I slowly opened my eyes to reveal what looked like a hospital room. I blinked my eyes in disbelief.

'A hospital room?' I thought. 'But I died...'

But that wasn't the only thing that addled me. I looked to right of my bed to see two strangers, whom I've never seen before, sitting silently in their seats. A squirrel and a starfish. 'Impossible!' 

I started to shift uncomfortably in my bed, however I was soon faced with the fact that I couldn't get out. I was stuck in my bed. In a state of panic, I nervously started pulling my hair, but there was no hair. 'Where's my hair?!'

I'm guessing I was being quite noisy, because the squirrel looked up and stared at me wide-eyed. 

"SpongeBob, you're awake!" she cried, she turned to her sleeping friend and shook him awake. 

"Huh? What?" He questioned. The squirrel simply pointed to me and the starfish gasped at my sight.

"SPONGEBOB! BUDDY! OH YOU'RE OKAY!" He ran over to me and gave me a hug, a tight one too. It felt like I was being squished. 'This starfish sure is strong! This starfish...' And then my mind quickly switched to something else. 'SpongeBob.....? What's going on?!' I instantly pushed him away.

"S-stay back!" I warned, I didn't look too threatening though due to my weak state. And then I realized something was different about my voice. What on Earth was happening?

"SpongeBob...?" the starfish looked disappointed. "What's wrong buddy? I just wanted to cheer you up..."

"Who are you?!" I've never felt so bewildered in my entire life, was this all just a bad dream? Was I back at my house? Did I actually fall asleep that day? 

"What do you mean who are you? We're your friends, Sandy and Patrick!" the squirrel, Sandy, replied. "You've been out for a month!"

'A month?!' I thought. 'What about Kirsten, YouTube, and our animals? What's going on?'

"I think we should call a doctor..." the starfish, Patrick, suggested. 

"Great idea, Pat!" 

"What idea?"

Patrick was standing there, completely clueless of the situation. 

'Is he always like this? I questioned in my head. In the blink of an eye, Sandy rushed out of the room. I tried to lift up my arm in an effort to escape, and than I noticed, my arm was thin, yellow, and spongy! 

"Ermmm.....Patrick?" I said, gesturing to the starfish who was lounging around next to the counter, just staring into space  with a tad bit of drool hanging out of his mouth. 

"Can you please hand me that mirror over there?" I asked him as I pointed over to the counter he was leaning on, the mirror was laid flat on the smooth, shiny granite countertop. No response. 

"Ahem! Patrick, may you please hand me that mirror over there?" 

"Huh? What happened?" Patrick shouted, snapping back to reality. "Oh yeah! Here ya go, buddy!" 

Patrick mindlessly threw the mirror over in my direction at full force, luckily I caught it just in time, because if I had not of caught it sooner, the glass would shatter all over me. 'Doesn't he know that glass is very breakable?!'

I carefully grasped the fragile mirror in my hands, when I realized I only had four fingers on each hand. I analyzed my features. I had a long, yellow, spongy nose, two big blue eyes, freckles on each of my cheeks, two big buck teeth, and I was covered with holes! This wasn't right.

Right at that moment, Sandy burst through the door with an unfamiliar purple fish following closely behind her and they walked over to my bed. 

"Good afternoon, Mr. Squarepants." he spoke in a deep, suave voice. 

"Good afternoon......" I replied. I couldn't think of his name.

"Dr. Gill Gilliam." He said. "Do you have any recollection of what happened before you passed out?"

"I passed out?"

"For a month."

'Wow...' I thought. So it was true. 'Did my life actually happen? Was it all just one humongous dream? Is anything real anymore?' I had so many questions and not enough answers.

"No doctor, I have no recollection what-so-ever. Does anyone mind telling me what happened?"

"You two IDIOTS were messing around with my science equipment, even when I specifically told you NOT to..." Sandy explained. 

"I'm sorry..." I apologized, even though I had no memory at all. "When am I going to be released?" 

"Tommorrow!" Dr. Gill Gilliam responded. 

"Tommorrow?!" Sandy shouted in confusion and worry. "But doesn't he need some time to recover?!" 

"Don't you worry," he chuckled, patting Sandy on the back. "He'll be just fine!"

***

It's been four hours since I've woken up from my "coma". Patrick and Sandy were telling me funny stories that I assume have happened before this, but I just couldn't recall anything. 

All I wanted right there was to fall asleep and wake up safe at home. Even if it didn't seem like it, I was terrified. Would I ever go back home again?

(834 words!)

(A/N): I hope you liked this chapter. Sorry if it wasn't that good or accurate, and that I mixed up their personalities or something. Sorry if I used a word too much. Sorry if I said "sorry" too much.

Anyways, I hope  you enjoyed chapter 3 of, "The Most Inconvient Body Swap"!  :-D