1

The soft rose petal was patting his body while he was going slowly forward. He was dragging his heavy body after him, taking small steps. His soft hair kept hitting his face and making him scrunch his nose while letting the warm summer breeze hit his face.

–You're finally here! The boy with crescent eyed smile said.

His hair was moving in the wind and he kept playing with his fingers until he threw his heavy body on the male.

His arms went around the others while he filled his nosetrills with the sweet scent the person had. He felt happy and better than before.

*

–Yoongi-hyung, I wish I could help you more..

The sound of crying made Yoongi lazily open his eyes and turn his head to the person. It was another boy, crying with his face on Yoongi's bed.

Yoongi blinked lazily and sighed.

He was tired of people crying because of him or thinking they are not good enough for him.

He had a small fever that transformed into a disease he was able to escape from. He was sick, so sick. He felt like nothing was inside of him and his body was too heavy for him all of sudden.

A soft red string was around his skinny pale  finger, tied with a small bow. The string was going down his bed and then just lazily stay on the floor, continueing outside.

–Why.. Why did you do that? Yoongi finally said.

Talking was difficult for him. It took a lot of breathing and his body was too slow so getting a word out of him was so hard.

The person lifted his head and wiped his tears, frowning.

–What? I.. What do you mean? Are you alright?

–The red string.. around my finger.. Why is it there?

The person looked confused at his body and took his hand into his, caressing it and leaving a soft kiss on it.

–Yoongi, baby, there is nothing there.

Yoongi frowned and looked down at his hands. He slowly lifted his other hand and placed his finger on the soft string. It was there. He could feel it. Why didn't his boyfriend see that?

–I'm sorry, Mr.Jung, but you have to leave earlier today. We have a meeting with the doctor. The nurse bowed.

Yoongi looked at the familiar face covered with shiny blonde bangs and a natural make-up. Hoseok nodded and then turned back to Yoongi, placing a peck on his lips and smiling to him.

–Get well soon, baby. Do it for me.

With that, he left the room. Yoongi was left in silence, only the machines around him beeping and making different kind of sounds. He looked at the string one more time and his eyes closed. He was tired. Why did he talk so much?

–Good morning, son! How are you today? I hope you didn't overworked yourself.

He opened his eyes only to meet his mother rushing towards him with a big smile on her face and some milkshakes that Yoongi adores.

–The doctor said you are getting better everyday. Do you feel like it? I hope you do. We are spending so much money on it.

Yoongi never felt better and the fact that his mother kept coming in and saying the same things over and over again started to erase every single hope he had to become a normal boy again.

–Was Hoseok here?

Yoongi breathed heavily and nodded, analyzing his mother's features for the hundreth time. Why did he not look like her at all?

–Did he bring something yummy?

Yoongi looked at his mother and back down at his fingers.

–I have..

–What? Don't overwork yourself, sweetie.

–A red string..

–You do? Is it on your clothes?

Yoongi shook his head and breathed carefully.

–.. on my finger.

**

–Is he getting well?

Natasha was one of her good friends at that time. She had her daughter in a room. Poor her, she was diagnosed with Alzheimer at a very young age and since then, her mouther couldn't close an eye.

–Not at all. He was talking about a red string today. Something about his fingers and things like that.

–Oh, what was he saying?

–He said he got a red string around his Finger but there was nothing. I talked with the doctor about it and he said it could be because of his constant tiredness.

–Oh, that may be the reason. You know, Elizabeth used to talk about strings of fate all the time. She said they're red and connect two souls that are meant to be. She liked these kind of things a lot.

–Haha, I don't think that could be in Yoongi's case. It's just a fantasy. Besides, if he would see them, he would see some on Hoseok too. He is his boyfriend after all.

–Yeah, you're right.