Chapter Four- The Meet Up

"Wake up!" A low toned voice yelled that sounded like it was over a speaker. My head pounded and the rest of my body was numb. I slowly open my eyes to a red painted room. Nothing was in it at all, except a black podium on the far side of the room. My eyes float downwards to see straps around my hands and feet against one of the red walls. As I look to my left, a couple more people were held against the wall the same way I was. Two girls and two boys. One girl, closest to me, had on a pink skirt with blonde hair. Who also looked like a snob. That's all I saw, but I could tell others where in here.

"Wake up!" The voice repeated. Moans and groans came from down the line of people. "Woah what? Where am I?" A girl with a high pitched voice asked. I began to struggle again. Just then, a man in all tan came out. He had short facial hair and brown hair that matched. The man walked to the podium and looked at all of us. "You all are in Fort Lauderdale, Florida." The man spoke in a calm, low voice that was kind of scary.

"Why?" A guy with a deeper voice asked. 

The man at the podium spoke again. "For testing." He then walked out from behind the podium and out to all of us. He spoke while he walked. "Well, you all have done something in the past week that has either been a good thing or a terrible thing." As he said that, he was eyeing every single one of us. "You're all different in your actions. Which is why you are here. Since you guys aren't alike, we would like to send you to a private isolated island that is secured out off the coast. We want to test how you guys adapt to one another." 

The same guy from the other side of all of us spoke again. "Really? Is this a joke?" He seemed angry. 

"No sir, it is not." Now, the man spoke as he walked down the line in our faces basically. "Today, is for meeting each other. The next two days are for training to fight what goes on that island. Fights. Diseases. Anything." The girl on my left looks at me then looks back down at her dangling feet. "Now, you will be let down so we can do some things to meet each other." Men in black coat like uniforms that covered their whole body came out and un-did the hooks around our wrists and ankles. Then left the room.

We all fell to the ground and scratched our heads in confusion. "Sit." The man demanded as he sits in the center of the floor. Everyone joins him sitting on the white tiled floor. "You guys will all introduce yourselves in a circle. In order to survive. you need to know each other." He crossed his arms. His long twisted beard moved as he talked. "Starting with you." The man's finger pointed at me, nearing my face across the circle.

"Okay. Uhm." I hesitated to say anything. "My name is Christian Rogers." I looked around the group circle as I talked. The man looked at me and motioned for me to continue. "I have a mom, a dad, and a brother. Unfortunately my mom is in the hospital." The girl on the right of me looked at me then looked back down as I talked. Who was the same girl next  to me earlier.

The next person begins to go, the girl on the right. "My name is Melanie Owens. I am a straight A student and I have one brother." Melanie talked in a very soothing light voice that was perfectly calm. Everyone's eyes were on her. Her bright pink skirt folded over her knees and light brown hair went perfectly with her light blue eyes. 

On the right of her, was a boy who  began to talk. "I'm Chad Miller. I am not a straight A student and I have two dogs." His dirty blonde hair stood out from his "skater" like clothing. He looked like a nice kid. I guess.

Next was also a boy. Lean and slicked back hair. "My name is David. David Sharrons. I have a 4.0 and plan to go to a great college to study Biology." Everyone was silent and waited for the next and last person to go.

A girl was next. Long, blond hair with a look on her face like she just smelt something bad. "I'm Taylor Marons. I'm the most popular girl in school and have a lot of friends." She looked over at David who seemed to be blushing to himself.