Chapter 1

Hey guys! This is my first story here but this is already a fanfiction story on Fanfiction.net! I hope you like it! -BG

*Beep* *Beep* *Beep* Marinette's alarm starts ringing. She yawns sleepily as she sits up to turn it off. Checking her phone, she sees the time.

"Yikes! I'm gonna be late!" Marinette shouts. She scrambles down her bed and changes into normal clothing. "Tikki, why didn't you wake me?"

"I'm sorry Marinette. You looked so peaceful," Tikki replies guiltily.

"It's okay Tikki. Now I just have to come up with a good excuse this time," Marinette tells Tikki, hugging her Kwami to her cheek. "Quick, hide Tikki!" Tikki flies into Marinette's purse. Marinette sprints down the stairs into her parents' bakery. "Bye, mom! Bye, dad!" Marinette grabs a croissant from a tray that her dad holds out for her.

"Bye honey! Have a good day at school!" Marinette's parents tell her as she runs out the door. After hurrying up the stairs to her classroom, Marinette stops and takes a deep breath. She looks at the clock on the wall and sighs. There are still 5 minutes before class starts. She walks through the door and trips on the step before getting to her seat. Her schoolbooks spill all over the ground. The class laughs at Marinette's typical clumsiness. Embarrassed, Marinette gathers her things and makes it to her seat. Her best friend Alya bumps her shoulder.

"Nice entrance, as per usual Mari," Alya jokingly tells her friend.

"Yeah, yeah, laugh all you want. You know how clumsy I am!" Marinette replies. Alya just chuckles.

"Alright, class! Let's get started on today's assignment!" Miss Bustier announces. "Each of you will be working with a partner to design and create a pair of costumes for this year's Halloween party. I have already selected your partners. To figure out who it is, you will need to solve a riddle to find the place where you will be meeting your partner. If you look on your tablet, I have sent you clues. Class is dismissed. Oh, and no talking with anyone else in the class until you find your partners. Happy hunting!"

Marinette says goodbye to Alya and grabs her backpack. She walks to the stairs just outside of the school doors, pulls out her tablet, and looks over her riddle.

"Find your partner at a place where the cold can cause hearts to melt." Marinette reads out loud. "Huh, that's easy! Andre's ice cream stand!"

"Good job, Marinette!" Tikki compliments her. "Go meet your partner for your assignment." Marinette smiles at her little friend and starts running towards Andre's stand on the Pont des Arts bridge. Once she arrives, she sits on a bench and pulls out her sketch pad. She is there before her mysterious partner, so she looks through her designs to see if there is anything useful for the assignment. The sound of footsteps causes Marinette to pause flipping through her sketches. She looks up and sees her partner walking toward her. Inwardly she gasps.