Chapter 3

Marinette waves as Adrien's ride drives away.

"Well, that went well, Marinette!" Tikki says from Marinette's purse. "You have Adrien as your partner, and you hardly stuttered at all!" Marinette puts her hand down and opens her purse slightly to see Tikki.

"You're right, Tikki," Marinette says. "I can do this. I can get my fear and insecurities under control!" She strikes a confident pose with her head held high and her hands on her hips. Tikki and Marinette both laugh.

"You probably want to take Adrien's photos down before he comes over though," Tikki tells her.

"Gah!" Marinette yells. "You're right, Tikki. That will make things so weird. Well, weirder than they already are I guess." Marinette runs off the bridge and starts to make her way home. Before she gets there, she hears screams of frightened people coming from the Eifel Tower. "Well Tikki, it looks like taking down those photos is going to have to wait." She runs into an empty alleyway and opens her purse. Tikki flies out.

"Let's go save the day, Marinette!" Tikki says.

"Mhm. Tikki, spots on!" Marinette says. In a flash of pink light, Marinette becomes Ladybug. Using her yoyo, Ladybug flies over towards the commotion. A new villain was blasting people with ice freezing them in place. She's dressed completely in pale blue, from the headband in her white hair to her 4-inch stiletto heels. Her pale blue dress stops just above her knees and is covered in dozens of snowflakes. Even her skin has a pale blue tinge to it.

"You think you're the best with shaping ice sculptures? Ha! Not anymore! I, Frost Bite, will be the best and only ice sculptor this city has ever seen!" yells Frost Bite. She continues to blast people into perfectly formed ice sculptures. She spots Ladybug swinging towards her. "Ah, Ladybug, right on time." Frost Bite shoots ice beams in Ladybug's direction. Ladybug dodges the beam, and swings around behind a column to take cover. "Give me your miraculous, Ladybug, you can't win this. I can just freeze you solid then take your earrings after I thaw you when you are too cold to fight back!"

"Never! I'll keep fighting no matter what! Hawk Moth will never get the miraculouses!" Ladybug yells back, going in for another attack. Frost Bite shoots an ice beam at Ladybug, but Ladybug blocks the beam using her yoyo as a shield. "Where are you, Cat Noir?" she mutters under her breath. "Lucky Charm!" she calls. A flashlight appears in her hands. "A flashlight? What am I supposed to do with this?" She flashes the light beam in Frost Bite's eyes when Cat Noir appears behind Frost Bite. With Frost Bite temporarily blinded, he knocks her off her feet. Frost Bite falls and hits the ground dazed. He plucks her wand from her hand and throws it to Ladybug.

"For you M'lady," He says with a slight bow. Ladybug grins and catches the wand. She snaps it in half and throws it into the ground. A dark purple butterfly appears and starts to fly away. Ladybug opens her yoyo.

"No more evildoing for you, little Akuma!" She says. The yoyo catches the butterfly and purifies it. "Gotcha!" Ladybug says happily. "Bye-bye, little butterfly!" The white butterfly flies away. Ladybug turns to face Cat Noir. "How did you know the Akuma was in her wand?"

"Uh, I, um, uh, lucky guess?" Cat Noir stutters.

"That must have been some lucky guess," Ladybug laughs. She then goes to fix everything but slips on a melting ice sculpture and cuts her side. She winces in pain and falls to her knees. Ladybug slowly gets back up and Cat Noir freaks out.

"Ladybug!" he yells. "Are you okay?" He rushes to her side and helps her back to her feet.

"I'm fine Kitty," she replies holding her side with her hand. She throws the flashlight into the air and shouts, "Miraculous Ladybug!" The magic ladybugs restore all the people to their human selves. Her cut, however, does not get healed. Cat Noir tries to stop her, but Ladybug uses her yoyo and swings away. He tries to follow her, but she manages to lose him when she ducks into an alley. With a pink flash of light, she transforms back into Marinette. Tikki lands into her open hand. Marinette feeds Tikki a macaroon before inspecting her injury closer. The gash in her side is not too deep so she puts her shirt over it and jogs to her house with her hand over her side.