Chapter 6

Cat Noir's transformation falls with a flash of green light. Marinette sits down on her chair and closes her eyes with her hands. He kneels in front of her and gently takes her hands in his and removes them from her eyes. Marinette still keeps her eyes closed and tries to calm her breathing that started to quicken in panic.

"M'lady? Are you alright?" he asks her, concerned. She nods slowly and takes a deep breath.

"Yes Kitty, I'm okay," she replies. "I'm just a little nervous." He chuckles quietly and squeezes her hands reassuringly.

"Please open your eyes M'lady," he says softly. "I promise I won't bite." Marinette does as he asks and opens her eyes. She looks up at the face of the person kneeling in front of her. Her eyes go wide in shock. Her hand flies out of Adrien's and over her mouth as she gasps. Adrien runs his hands through his hair nervously. "Surprise? I know that I'm not... woah!" Marinette pulls Adrien forward and gives him a big hug, cutting off his words. She buries her face into his shoulder and tries to hold back the tears that are starting to form. He stiffens at first but then relaxes into her embrace and holds her close. Tikki and Plagg also hug in the background, happy to finally be together again. Marinette releases Adrien and wipes her eyes. Adrien's smile melts into a worried frown. "Marinette? What's wrong?"

"Nothing," she answers. "Absolutely nothing."

"But then, why are you crying?" he asks.

"Relief, silly kitty," she says with a smile. "I'm just so relieved that it is you." Adrien's face lights up and he wraps her into another hug. She hugs him back and giggles. He pulls back and grins.

"So, M'lady, now that we both know who we are, will you tell me who this other boy is?" He asks with a smirk on his face. "I would like to know who my competition for your heart is." Marinette's face goes bright red like her ladybug costume.

"I... Uh... It... Um...." She starts to stammer. She clears her throat and looks at her feet. "You." Adrien blinks.

"What?" he whispers, confused. "Me?" Marinette nods while still looking at the ground.

"I pushed Cat Noir away as Ladybug because Marinette was in love with Adrien," she says, nervously playing with her hair. Adrien's eyes go wide. His thoughts run wild as he gets up and looks out the window of Marinette's room. Marinette notices his actions and starts to cry softly not wanting to let him know. She starts to go to her balcony to give him some space but as soon as she stands up her legs give out and she falls. She braces for the painful impact of the ground but it never comes as strong hands catch her. She looks up at the face that is inches from hers. Hurt and confused she starts to ask him a question when he presses his lips to hers silencing her. Her shock is brief then she kisses him back wrapping her hands around his neck. He, in turn, squeezes her tighter and closer. They stay like this for what feels like forever until they separate breathless. His emerald green eyes gaze longingly into her ocean blue ones. Marinette's trap door leading to the rest of the house is knocked on. They both jump, brought back to Earth by a soft voice.

"Marinette honey?" her mom asks. "Are you awake yet? We need a little help in the bakery."

"Okay, mom!" Marinette calls down to her mother. "I'll be down in a moment." She looks to Adrien who is still holding her in his arms. "That would be my cue to go downstairs, Kitty." His face flushes as he releases her.

"Then I will be on my way," he says with a bow. "Patrol still on tonight?" She smiles.

"Yes, Kitty," she replies. "I'll meet you at the Eiffel Tower." He grins and calls for his transformation.

"Until tonight, M'lady," he declares softly. He then kisses her hand and leaps out of her room and vaults away.

"Until tonight, Kitty," Marinette sighs happily.