Chapter 10

Around 9 that night, Marinette calls Tikki to transform into Ladybug. She then swings across Paris with her yoyo and lands with a soft thud on the Eiffel Tower. Ladybug had been thinking about everything that happened earlier that day. It wasn't like Alya to get so angry over something like this. Her best friend was supposed to have been happy for her. She had noticed Alya hanging around that new girl Lila more than before. Maybe that had something to do with it? Ladybug sighs and falls to her knees. She didn't want to lose all her friends again. Back when Chloe was still really mean Marinette had lost nearly all of her friends except Nino. She didn't know Alya and Adrien back then. Ladybug shifts and hugs her knees to her chest and tries to hold back her tears. Cat Noir was going to show up any minutes now and she needed to stay strong and not let him know how much this was affecting her. She slowly gets up and swings up to the tallest point of the structure. She leans out into the air while one hand grasps the metal point to secure her from falling. Closing her eyes, Ladybug takes a deep breath and lets the wind try her face. The party was nearing closer and closer. It was just three days away. She let those thoughts wash over her and a quiet thump was heard below her. Cat Noir. She takes her yoyo and swings around the city looking for potential victims and just to get out of her own head.

Cat Noir notices Ladybug swing across the city but he doesn't follow her. He knows enough to just let her go. Vaulting away to the other side of the city, he sighs to himself. He knew that this whole situation was bothering her more than she was letting on. The tears from earlier were more than enough proof. He quickly finishes his half of patrol and vaults back toward the Eiffel Tower. He arrives before Ladybug so he sits on the edge of the platform. Lost in thought he doesn't hear his lady arrive and sit next to him. She leans into his side and this jars him from his trance. Cat wraps his arm around Ladybug and pulls her closer. Ladybug sighs.

"Hey, Kitty," she says with guilt in her voice.

"Hey, Bugaboo," he responds.

"I'm sorry that I just swung away without talking to you first," she apologizes. Cat Noir pulls her into his lap and hugs her tightly.

"There's no need to apologize," he tells her. "You needed some space to get out of your own thoughts and that's okay. I need to do that sometimes too." He smiles at her not letting go. She looks back into his eyes and sighs in relief.

"We do need to come up with a plan for our relationship thought," She says sadly. "As much fun as this is, we should be able to do this in normal life rather than have to hide up here."

"I understand, M'lady," he agrees. "What is your plan, oh wise one?" She giggles at that and kisses his cheek. Standing up, she pulls him to his feet.

"I think we should.." she tells him the plan and pulls him in for a kiss. He gladly returns the kiss. They part and head their separate ways, ready for what the next few days will bring.