Chapter Five: Taylor/ Steven

Taylor 

After finishing up my final client the following day, I quickly called Dante while getting into my car. The conversation was short and consisted of him telling me to come over, which I happily did. I hadn't seen him since Steven and I kissed yet and to say I was excited about telling him was an understatement.

Once I pulled up to his house he met me at the door, a smiling Clara on his hip. I loved that he was so close with Nathan and Millie, and Clara's sweet face made everyone smile. She was currently gripping onto Dante's long hair while giggling up a storm.

"Hey there," I said while smiling at her.

"Hey dude," Dante said as I stepped into the house. After taking my shoes and coat off I followed him into the living room.

Oliver and Nathan were sitting on the couch as Millie and Kate were laughing with each other on the floor. They all waved and said hi once I entered, making me feel like I was apart of this small family. And I loved it.

Dante sat down on the other end of the couch as Clara continued to giggle in his arms. "What's up?" He asked while looking over at me. Lately he's been looking just so damn happy and it made me so happy to see.

"Uhm well, I need to talk to you."

"Is something wrong?"

"No, no. But can we go into the kitchen?"

He instantly nodded while standing up and passing Clara over to Oliver, who gladly took her. Once we were alone in the kitchen he leaned against the counter and asked, "What's up?"

I bit my lip before saying, "Steven kissed me last night."

His entire face lit up as he started jumping and screamed. "I fucking knew it! How was it? How did it lead up to a kiss? Tell me everything!"

I laughed before retelling him the events that led up to the best kiss I've had. He was smiling the whole time, until I told him how I thought Steven's sister was trying to get me. "I know I might be overthinking this-"

"No, it doesn't sound like you are Tay. She sounds like a bitch who doesn't want her brother to be happy. God, I swear if she hurts you I'm going to punch her. I don't care that she's a woman, no one hurts you. Did you tell Steven you think she's out to get you?"

"Of course not. I don't want him to think I'm being paranoid for no reason."

Dante rolled his eyes before crossing his arms over his chest. "The girl called you a gold digger. She obviously doesn't like you for some fucked up reason. Just be careful and if other things start to be weird you need to tell Steven." He must've seen my face because he very sternly said, "Taylor."

"I don't want to drive him away Dante."

"You won't! I've seen the way he looks at you. You coming to him with a legit concern isn't going to drive him away. And if it does he's a dick who'll get his face bashed in. By me."

I couldn't help but laugh while wrapping my arms around him in a hug. "Why are you so violent today?"

He shrugged while tightly hugging me back which made me laugh harder. "I'm just hungry."

"You do get bitchy when you're hangry."

"I know, Oliver tells me that too." We laughed as we pulled back. He was then digging through a drawer before pulling out a take out menu. "Want to help me order some food?"

"I'd love to."

"And Taylor." As I turned towards him he smiled a rare Dante full smile and said, "I'm so happy that you're happy again."