Chapter Seven: Steven

My fingers were nervously running through my hair, my eyes still trained on the clock. I had waited all day to go over to Taylor's and finally taking him out. He insisted on buying the tickets for the ballet the moment we even decided on what to go see. So hopefully he'll enjoy where I was planning on going for dinner.

When it was finally time to go, I looked myself over one final time before applying my cologne. With that I got into my car and drove over to Taylor's before taking the familiar way to his apartment door. When it opened I couldn't stop the smile from forming on my face because dammit, he was beautiful.

He had on pants that accentuated that body of his perfectly, a sweater that looked soft to the touch. The green of his sweater really brought out his stunning eyes. His hair was styled really nice on top of his head, which also made me realize his hair wasn't as blue as it used to be. He still looked stunning, and always would be.

Pulling the bouquet of red tulips from behind my back, he gasped and those eyes started to water. I'd love to be able to make that look come across his face every single day. "Hi," I said while leaning down and kissing his cheek. "God, you look so amazing."

He smiled while keeping the flowers close to his body as he looked up at me. "Thank you, you do too. And thank you for the flowers."

His arms were then wrapping around my neck, pulling me down to my level as I smiled. I wrapped my own arms around him before picking him up and twirling. His laugh was filling the room, a sound that I absolutely loved to hear. "You are so welcome."

After I put his down he dropped the tulips off into the kitchen before grabbing his hand and walking to my car. Once we were both in I started to get even more excited than I was before. If that was even possible.

"So," I said while placing my hand onto his knee and giving a squeeze. I simply wanted to feel him and know this isn't a dream. "Are you excited?"

As his fingers were intertwining with mine I forced myself to concentrate on the road. "I am, I really love this kind of thing. Have you ever been to a ballet?"

"Once a long time ago, I'm pretty sure I was around five or six. So I'm excited about seeing it as well. You remembered to eat something earlier right? I don't want you getting light headed before we go eat later."

He smiled again before saying, "Is goldfish a good snack?"

"Always a solid choice."

After parking I turned towards him before bringing his hand up so I could kiss it. "I'm so excited," he said with an excited smile. I was pretty excited as well, already not wanting this night to end.

"Let's go in then, I don't want to keep you waiting."

We walked inside and found our seats, both taking our coats off before getting comfortable. Once we were seated my hand landed onto his knee again, loving the smile that crossed over his face. Our little moment was suddenly ending when I heard, "Steven?"

My jaw ticked when I saw Manny standing in front of us, his eyes looking towards Taylor in a predatory way. Ever since he joined the ER staff, I couldn't stand him. He seemed nice but he was the guy that took advantage of people and tried to fuck anything with legs. He was constantly bragging about the guys and girls he's fucked. The way he was currently looking at Taylor was making my blood boil.

"Hey Manny, funny running into you here." Never did I think I'd see him here, since he has no appreciation for the arts. For all I know he was here on a date or trying to find one.

"Hi, I'm Manny. I work with Steven in the ER, just started not that long ago actually." When his hand extended towards Taylor, my hand tightened onto Taylor's knee. "So good to meet you."