Chapter Ten: Taylor

After taking another sip of water, I closed my computer while stretching out my back. Finishing up finals for the semester felt like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders. With a yawn I looked out the small window next to me and looked at all the green outside from the warm May weather. It had been a few months since Natalie almost cost me the person I loved the most. I haven't seen her since, mainly because Steven didn't let her near me. He was still pissed at her, I don't know if he'd ever not be mad.

Our relationship had basically started over, taking our time to get to know each other again. Steven was the most patient man I'd ever met and it made me love him even more. We went out on a first date all over again until starting to go out more frequently. I still didn't feel comfortable going over to his apartment, but I was working my way up to it. Now we were back to how we were before, always hanging out with each other. He would even come to the salon to get his hair cut.

A knock on the door was making me smile before getting up and running over to it. When I opened it I saw Steven, holding a bouquet of red tulips, Oliver next to him. We were planning on having a group date tonight and I couldn't be happier.

Steven's long arms were wrapping around me, making me laugh when he picked me up. I immediately kissed him while running my fingers over his stubbly cheeks and chin. There was just something about his stubble that I absolutely loved. As he gently put me down he smiled while giving me the bouquet.

"Hi," he whispered.

"Hi." I then looked up to wave at Oliver, who was watching us with a smile. "Hey Oliver."

"Hey Taylor."

When I noticed he was alone I asked, "Is Dante here?"

Oliver's normally cool face was suddenly turning nervous. "Can I actually talk to you a minute?"

"Of course," I said while he walked in and shut the door behind him. "Is everything okay?"

"Yeah," he said shakily before digging around in his pocket. "Actually, it's more than okay."

When he got a black box out I gasped and then screamed when he opened the box to reveal a ring. "Oh my god!" The ring was beautiful; it was white gold with seven diamonds in the middle. It was absolutely stunning and made my eyes start to water. "You're going to propose?"

His hand was shaking a little as he said, "Well hopefully. I asked Kate's permission earlier and I was wondering if I had yours." When I looked up at him he said, "I needed to ask the two most important people in his life."

"Of course you have my permission Oliver!" With another scream I wrapped my arms around him, his body shaking with a laugh. "When are you doing it?"

As I pulled back I watched him look down at the ring before putting it in his pocket. "If I don't chicken out, tonight. I got reservations at his favorite restaurant, and scored the rooftop table. Kate is coming too and bringing along Louis."

Kate had met Louis at her new school here in North Dakota. He was a musician, and had been smitten with her when he saw her sing. They kept saying they weren't in a relationship, but I could tell by the way they looked at each other they were in love. It made me extremely happy to see, because Kate deserved so much. They'd been inseparable ever since they met.

"I can't wait. This is going to be so fun! But won't he get suspicious if you're over here?"

"I was at work earlier and I told him I was running a little late. Luckily it won't take that long for me to change when we get back."

After putting my bouquet with the others in my kitchen, Steven grabbed my hand as we walked outside. Steven and I got to Oliver's first, because he didn't want Dante to catch on to anything. Once we got there Dante opened the door, his hair still a little damp from the shower.