I

"Hey, do you think aliens are real?"

Andy averted her gaze from the twinkling night sky and focused it over on Ethan who was now looking at her with furrowed brows.

"Who the hell would actually believe that shit?" He replied, letting out a short laugh before slumping further in his chair.

"It was just a thought." Andy put her hands up in defense before looking back up at the sky. Deep down she felt like something else was out there she couldn't see, but kept telling herself that her imagination was just running wild as usual. Flecks of glitter in a swirling pool of the darkest black ink stared back at her, continuing to let her mind wander off further.

"Something about night time just makes me think, you know?"

"Yeah, and you already think too much." Ethan retorted, his grin almost evident in the tone of his voice. He really could be a little dipshit.

"You're so mean to me." Andy giggled, the corners of her eyes wrinkling as Ethan's laughter soon joined in to form a sweet sound. Standing up from her chair she took a few steps forward, still looking up. It almost as if she were trying to get closer to the night sky that had captured her mind.

It was baffling to her how such eyecatching sights and inspiration could be found just right here, standing in her backyard though she could already find the beauty in almost anything she came across in life. The insects buzzing seemed to lull her into another daze.

"Stare at it too long and you're gonna go insane, Andromeda." Ethan teased, gaining an eye roll from Andy who was now turning around to look at him.

"Come on, you gotta admit it's trippy as fuck to stare at." She rested both her hands on the arms of his chair and leaned forward. "Makes you wanna smoke and think up a new masterpiece, doesn't it?"

Now it was Ethan's turn to roll his eyes. Looking past her and letting out a long sigh, he prepared himself to speak again.

"I've told you, I only paint when I don't have anything else to do. I can't actually do anything good."

"Ethan." Andy whined, crinkling her nose as she sat down on the ground in front of him. "What about that painting you made me for my birthday?"

"Okay, that was only because you asked! I could have said no!" Ethan sat up and leaned over to look at the dark haired girl sitting in front of him.

"You also paint for weed money."

"Shut up! I have to support my habit somehow."

With that both of them fell into a fit of giggles once more, Andy resting her head up against Ethan's leg. There rarely ever seemed to be a dull moment with the two of them, despite their own inner demons. It was almost as if their demons fought off each other while they were together, ceasing to exist until they parted again and were left alone in their own thoughts.

Recently, Andy's thoughts had been changing and were beginning to eat her from the inside out. The demons inside her grew stronger and now it was harder for Ethan's presence to fight the flame, although things seemed to be going just as normal as usual from an outsider's point of view. The night sky only seemed to fuel the already blazing fire inside of her.

"I'd better get going before your parents get upset I'm still hanging around."

Andy's head slowly lifted to Look up at Ethan, a rueful smile forming on her lips. She brought herself to her feet before holding out her arms to him.

Ethan stood just as she did, wrapping his arms around her in a tight hug that seemed so much warmer than anything she could have ever experienced.

"Goodnight, bitch." Andy smiled, burying her face in his chest, his jacket slightly muffling her voice.

"Goodnight, little bastard." Ethan chuckled softly, giving her one last tight squeeze before releasing from the hug.

"Text me when you get home so I know you didn't die on the way there." Andy raised a finger at him, almost as if she was about to tell him off before another thought popped into her mind.

"Oh shit, Ethan, don't forget we have that tomorrow is the day my dad is kicking me out for the day." She said the last part in a a joking tone. "So you're baby sitting me for the day."

"Disgusting. I'm gonna absolutely hate having to stare at your face the entire day." He matched her joking manner, giving her a push on the shoulder which caused Andy to stumble a step or two back. "Why does he have to do his work shit here anyways?"

"Because it's some big fancy dinner or something. I don't really know or care." Andy shrugged and crossed her arms in response before looking back up at EThan.

"Alright, well get your beauty rest or whatever you ladies call it and text me when you're up. Night, Andy." Ethan said, taking a few steps back towards the gate to the backyard.

"Goodnight..."