Protecting Her

My POV

" So what's wrong with her? " Natsu asked. " Seems she has a stomach virus. She must have ate something that was spiked " The doctor explains. " But you can just take care of her like you would anyone with a fever. Just make sure you keep the room at a temperature in range of 40 to 50 to cool her down. And then give her lots of nutritious foods. " The doctor said with a smile. " Okay " Natsu said. The doctor bows and leaves the room. Natsu turns his chair around and looks out his window at the moon. It's a full moon... He thought.

~Flashback~

" Hey Natsu did you know that a full moon is bad luck? " Zeref asked. Natsu shakes his head. " Are you sure? " He asked. " Yes. Weird things happen to people during full moons " Zeref said. Natsu never thought anything of it, until that day...

~That day~

Their younger sister Wendy has been born. But her mother contracted a disease and she had to give birth to her while she was only 4 months pregnant. She died during the surgery, and Wendy followed after only a month, the doctors couldn't keep them alive. But what was strange is that both died on a night that was a full moon...

~End of flashback~

Natsu walks in and sits beside her on the bed. Lucy whimpers lowly. He felt her forehead. It wasn't getting colder. He sighed. Why was he so worried about this girl? " Hng... " Lucy mutters in pain as she clenched her shirt. Natsu quickly turned around to her. He softly placed his hand on hers, this seemed to calm her down.

~The next day~

" Mr Dragneel~ " Said a girl with silver curly hair, and gray eyes. She wore a tight red tube dress that hugged her curves. He pushed her off of him. " I hate that scent you have on! What perfume are you using? Never wear it again in my presence. " He ordered. The girl was confused. " Eh? But this is your favorite... " She said. My favorite? It smells awful! Maybe I should ask Lucy what perfume she uses. I like it a lot... He thought. " I don't like it, get out of my face " He ordered with a scary glare on just face.

~Two mornings later~

Lucy wakes up in this bed, it's familiar to her. She realized it's the same bed she woke up in last week. How did I get here again? She thought. Sebastian comes into the room with a bag. Lucy starts thinking the worse. " I-is this another compensation? " She asked nervously. " Eh? No no. This is for the ball that's tonight " He said. " Why would I go there? " She asked. " The Master has asked that you accompany him there " He explains. He wants me to be his date?! She thought. " I-if I may know, what happened last night? How did I get here? " She asked. He shakes his head. " You were in a coma for two days. You had a stomach virus, and master took you here for us to take care of you " He informed. Lucy blushed, no one ever did this. She had the flu for three months when she was younger and no one even checked on her, or moved her to a bed. Not even the couch. She stayed passed out on the floor. " O-okay thank you " She said. " My pleasure " Sebastian said and bowed before leaving the room. Lucy takes a shower before getting dressed in the gown. It was a dark blue floor length tulle lace dress with beaded sequins, Her hair was in an curled style with a rose design. Her eye shadow was blue and it turns gold as it went closer to the bridge of her nose. She wore some glittery gold lip gloss as well. She comes out and Natsu is waiting. He wears a blue suit with a white button shirt, and a gold tie with a gold vest. His hair is it's regular spikey style. He is shocked by Lucy's beauty, but quickly fixed himself. They were late, late enough to make a huge entrance.

~At the gala~

Natsu walks into the main ballroom with Lucy's arm linked with his. She's very nervous. Her sister Michelle is staring at her angrily, with clenched teeth. What's going on? All of a sudden after that day she started hanging around Natsu! And then she even wears all these expensive clothes and stuff that didn't even come out yet-- She cut off her thoughts. She starts to smirk. " She's got herself a sugar daddy huh~ " She sang. The party goes on, and Natsu leaves to go talk to Gray Fulbuster. " So that's the girl you were telling me about? She doesn't seem evil to me... " Gray said. " No it's not her. It's a different girl " He shakes his head. " Natsu... If your parents hear about this... " Gray warned. " Let them, that's the point isn't it? " He asked. " I knew it! " They heard a feminine voice. They turn to see Michelle and Lucy having a disagreement. " Knew what? " Lucy asked. " You have a sugar daddy don't you?! " She asked confidently. " Isn't she the woman who came in with Natsu? " Someone whispered. " Is she cheating on him? " Another said. The chatter becomes louder. " No I don't have a sugar daddy! " Lucy protests. Michelle slapped her. " Such a shameless slut! Walking around showing off all the expensive clothes bought by your sugar daddy and then denying the fact that you have one?! No wonder daddy kicked you out of the family! " She said. The crowd gasps. " So she's the bastard Heartfilia? " Someone asked. Then they start whispering about Lucy. Lucy gets scared, this happened before. She starts hearing them again.