Stay

I was 4 years old when white men raided my home and came for my 3 older brothers and 2 sisters. I had two oldest brothers but i have never met either of them. Im the youngest, i dont remember much of that day, all i remember was my mother crying and right before they came, she told me to hide somewhere i couldnt be seen so i hid in the cabinet that was placed in the corner of the room.
When the people got there to pick up my siblings my mother stopped crying. She gave my brothers and sisters a fake smile and hugged them. "Wheres ta:wet(david)?" I heard my brother say my name. "Its time for school my babies, have fun. Ill see you soon." She said and kissed him. I stayed still and quiet the entire time. As they were leaving i took a quick peak to see who was taking my siblings, and then i saw a man in a long black coat and hat and a woman in a long white and black dress. They looked like scary people. They left my home and i peaked out the window and watched a car drive away. "Mother, where are they taking them? How come i didnt have to go? Why did i have to hide from those scary looking white men?" I had so many questions, but my mother just sighed and gave me a smile. "Ta:wet son, you're still my baby, youre all my babies, but youre my youngest baby and youre not old enough to go to school yet. Its best if you stay here for a little longer, okay?" Mother said. I looked at father too, his face was the same serious expression. But he gave me a small smile and put his hand on my shoulder. "Mother When will Roger come home? When can i meet Louie?" I asked. Both of their expressions went blank. "I dont know," mom said. The room filled with silence especially without my siblings there, it was an indescribable vibe.