But I'm The Oldest... - Part 2

Cyrus didn't really know what to think, as he had never seen Jonah behave like this before. It wasn't usual to see his twin being so mad.

He knew that whatever happened, he had to go and find his brother. People were staring at him as he walked, and Cyrus knew that after their argument, he and Jonah were the centre of attention.

He ran to the big slide, but Jonah wasn't there. After a few more moments, Cyrus found his brother sat down on the floor, leaning against a wall. To start with neither of them said anything, but Cyrus did sit down next to him.

It was a horrible silence, one which confirmed to both of the twins that their relationship was in a bad place. Cyrus didn't want it to last, so he spoke up first.

"What is going on?" Cyrus posed "Why are you so angry?"

"I'm not angry" Jonah insisted "I'm frustrated that we are not getting along"

"You're not the only one who feels that way" Cyrus replied, putting his hand on Jonah's shoulder "I don't know why this is happening"

"It would just be nice if you would stop treating me as if I'm somehow not as good as you" Jonah explained "It hurts sometimes"

Jonah felt very vulnerable, which was a new experience for him. Usually, he was the stronger twin, but the tables had turned.

"What do you mean?" Cyrus continued.

"Do you ever wonder why I want to do everything first?" Jonah responded.

"All of the time, but I assumed it was because you wanted to do everything before I had the chance" Cyrus retorted.

"I do everything first, so that I know nothing bad will happen to you" Jonah reacted.

Cyrus was confused, he really didn't understand what was going on. All he really knew was that he hadn't heard his brother speak in such a manner.

"I don't get it" Cyrus sighed "This makes no sense"

"I like to be sure that, if we get on a ride or if we try something potentially dangerous, you won't get hurt because you'll be smart enough not to do it if I get hurt first" Jonah confirmed.

"So you mean, you do this to... protect me?" Cyrus asked.

"Of course I do" Jonah answered "You're my brother, and brothers look out for each other"

"Wow, I... I had no idea" Cyrus mumbled "If that's how it is, then... Thank you, from the bottom of my heart"

"Is this the bit where we hug?" Jonah wondered.

"I think so" Cyrus responded.

Jonah put an arm around his brother's smaller frame, and for a few moments there was silence again. The only difference this time was that it was peaceful, and Cyrus was just relieved they were both over it.

Are you enjoying this book so far?