wedding date

summary: you and josh are pretty good friends and he doesn't have a date to his sisters wedding, so he invites you.

(a/n: i feel so creepy for including his sister in this and knowing her name and all please forgive me i'm not trying to be a stalker i just love ur brother okay bye but um anyways here it is)

joshua flipped through the guest list once again, stressing over who he would take.
"she doesn't have a date" his sister spoke, pointing to a name he didn't recognize. he bit his cheek and nodded.
"josh, seriously, why don't you just bring y/n?" she recommended.
"i told you. we are just. friends." he told her.
"i know, but all of us love her so she'd get along with everyone great, she's the only person you want as your date, and she most definetly likes you back" she poked him, smiling.
"i guess i'll try. i just don't want her to think—"
"what? that you like her back? wow that'd be terrible" she stated sarcastically.
"she doesn't like me. trust me" josh told her gloomily.
"that's absolutely ridiculous. you guys are constantly together, she gets super defensive when other girls are all over you, her face physically lights up when she sees you. do you need more?"
josh smiled and nodded, getting out his phone to facetime you.

you rolled over to your bedside table, answering your phone.
"hey what's up?" you answered.
"did you seriously just wake up?" he questioned you.
"maybeeee" you smirked.
"it's what? 12:30 there?" he asked.
"yes. yes it is— is that winter??!" you asked him excitedly.
"yes. yes it is." he laughed and turned his phone to his sister so you two could talk.
"so how's the wedding planning?" you asked her.
"very stressful, but also very exciting." you both laughed.
"about that, y/n" josh started.
you became slightly nervous at his tone.
"so my family is forcing me to bring a date- well not necessarily a date but like that type of thing- to the wedding and i don't have any idea who any of the single guests are, i'd just be more comfortable with somebody i know and you're an easy person to get along with so winter recommended that i just see if you wanted to go. do you? want to go to the wedding with me?" josh rambled, blushing.
"wait really?!" your face lit up
"i would love to come to your wedding! and of course i'll be your date josh" you laughed. you all continued to talk about the wedding for a while and eventually hung up.

two days later, you flew into california to prep for the wedding. winter opened the door and you hugged her tightly, hugging josh afterwards. you three discussed the wedding and after a while, you expressed your concern towards what you were wearing.
"well i was actually thinking. you're an incredible friend to joshua and the rest of the bassett family (i mean you're practically part of the family, come on). and if you don't mind, i would absolutely love to have you as one of my bridesmaids." josh's sister expressed to you.
your face lit up.
"seriously?? you wouldn't mind?!" you smiled widely.
"it would be my pleasure." you hugged her tightly and you all found a bridesmaid dress for you. you grabbed in & out and went to the dress store, trying on the light blue dress.
josh nodded and smiled when he saw you, taken aback by the fact that you manage to look good in everything you wear.

after you finished purchasing the dress (and after you expressed your excitement for the fact that many of the bridesmaids were just wearing white vans) you dropped off winter at her fiancés house, where they would be doing more of the planning.
"okay, now that she's gone: this is going to sound a little silly but my sisters and i put together a choreographed dance to a couple of phineas and ferb songs and if you could learn it in time, you would be a lovely addition to the team." you filled the car with laughter.
"wouldn't expect anything else from your family, honestly" you smiled at him.
"but i would love to be included in this phineas and ferb choreography" you agreed.

"alright. can you facetime the groupchat with my sisters?" you grabbed his phone since he was driving and facetimed them (all of his sisters except for winter). you broke the news that you were attending as a bridesmaid and josh's date, and that you'd be in the dance. you all agreed that you needed to practice it, so you guys went to an open dance studio to practice (for four hours not to mention). you were all exhausted afterwards, so you decided to eat at an Italian restaurant.
"So you two are going in as a couple?" One of his sisters smirked.
"No, not as a couple, just a date for the wedding." It hurt your heart a little to hear him say it even though you already knew.
"I wonder what the fans will think"  another one of his sisters said.

After dinner, you all went to the Bassett household. You greeted his parents (who always made you feel so welcome) and quickly showered after josh, before heading to bed. He slept on the floor, while you got the bed. You heard him tossing and turning constantly.
"Joshua I feel terrible sleeping in your bed with you on the floor, so either we both sleep in the bed, or we trade places. He got up and hopped onto his bed.
"we can share" he smiled.
"You better get good sleep, we have dinner rehearsals tomorrow" you told him. He nodded.
"Goodnight, y/n"
"Goodnight joshy"
You fell asleep next to each other. You both wanted to cuddle, of course, but were both too scared to make the first move.

A/n

Hope u like this series :) will prob be 3 parts max

THANK U FOR OVER 15K READS !!!I

If I don't update much it's because of school ;(

requests are open and I don't mind criticism :)

<3 -t