Words of Despair and Mystery

Shuichi sighed as a note began its passage through the class. It had been thrown around the room for at least five minutes but only four people got the note. Miss Usami noticed as the note was thrown at Kokichi's head.

She grabbed her meter stick and slammed it against the chalkboard to get Tenko's attention. "Tenko!" She shouted, all of us jumping out of our skins. "Yes, Miss Usami?" She shot up. "I need to talk with you outside the classroom." Her calm and cheery voice returned. She nodded and left.

Once they were outside and the door shut, everyone burst out in conversation. "What does it say, Kokichi?" Kaito asked, trying to snatch the crumbled up paper from his hands.

"I got the note too! It said that people think the Warriors of Hope decided to come back here!" Miu yelled out, trying to steal the show from Kokichi. Gasps and mutters filled with fear circulated the room.

Great... I hate gossip. How fun.

"Oh please! That's just some dumb rumor! They all died when Komaru destroyed Big Bang Monokuma!" Kokichi scoffed. Shuichi could tell Kokichi was lying, but why?

Everyone grumbled in agreement. They had been taught that they were all killed, although their wanted posters said otherwise. Tenko and Miss Usami walked in right as we all sat back down and got quiet. "Thank you all for waiting, I think I may just let you guys talk until the class is over. We have only three minutes anyways."

Everyone cheered and erupted into conversation, filling Tenko in on the gossip. Kokichi strutted over to me. "Hey, Saihara~Chan!" "Hello, Ouma," I grumbled back, opening my book.

"You're reading that book? I've already read it before. The killer is OBVIOUSLY-" "Hey, sidekick!" Kaito shoved away Kokichi, causing him to stumble and fall on the floor with a loud thud. "Ow!" Kokichi yelped, his voice seemed far more feminine though. It was normal to get an abnormal voice shift from him though.

"Watch it, tall-ass!" Kokichi snarled, using a nearby chair to stand up. Kaito ignored him. "What are you reading? It looks interesting!" "O-Oh! It's a murder mystery! It's about a girl who works at an arcade and decided to try and learn the truth about her best friend slash girlfriend's murder when the cops gave up on solving the case."

"That's pretty gay, Poo-ichi!" Miu yelled from across the room. "So are you, bitch-let!" Kokichi yelled back. "Please don't swear! It isn't nice!" Usami lectured as the bell rang.

In a matter of moments, we had all collectively left the room for lunch. I brought my book with me, trying to catch up to Kaede. She seemed to notice my struggle and slowed down. "Hey, Shuichi! Why were you so upset back there? I thought you loved hearing about mysteries!" "I do, I just don't like gossip," I muttered lowly to Kaede.

"Why don't we go down to the office and offer to investigate! We'll prove the rumor wrong so you feel better and we clear Hope's Peak's name!" The idea was nice, but the work would be tedious.

"But aren't you hungry?" Shuichi asked his best friend. "Nah, I'll eat some cookies in class. Come on! This will be fun for once!"

Kaede extended a hand to Shuichi. "Detective Buddies?" Shuichi shook her hand. "Detective Buddies."

~

In a matter of minutes, and some pleading to the awful new principal, we were able to begin an investigation, but we only had a week. "Alright Saihara! Do you remember the names of the Warriors of Hope? Or at least their last names?"