Step Ten Part III.

Bey's Past POV

LeBron and I stood there lumberingly watching as Savannah concluded her small talk with Blue. I began to gather my belongings into my purse and duffle bag. I was over all of this and ready to just go back to my hotel room.

"Sooo— you guys just so happened to be in town this weekend, huh?" Rita questions LeBron and Savannah curiously. I roll my eyes at her for asking them that even though I low-key wanted to know the answer for myself.

"Well, we've actually been here for a few days to visit our family. LeBron told me that Bey was having a concert tonight and invited me to come. I couldn't say no to seeing the Queen!" Savannah chuckled as she beamed over at me.
I smiled back at Savannah presumptuously before turning away to frown and finish packing my duffle bag.

Why did LeBron have to lie to me? If this was his attempt to "surprise" me, he surprised me alright, and it wasn't a pleasurable surprise either. At least I can say that I never intentionally brought Jay around to force in his face.

"Hey Bey?" LeBron called out. I turned around and stared blankly at him which made him apprehensive to speak. "Um, my wife and I wanted to invite you to our home for dinner." He forced a smile. 

"Sorry, I cant! I promised Blue Wendy's. Thank you though!" I immediately answered in a smart tone.

"Come on Bey! I know you want a nice, cooked meal. Please? It's been a minute since we've hung out. You can stop at Wendy's on your way to our place," Savannah pleaded.

"The Chef is cooking up something real special I heard!" LeBron added.

"Mhmm... some shrimp and grits with bacon and—" Savannah started hyping this dinner up some more, but I interrupted her. I thought about it for a few seconds, and then I folded like a cheap piece of paper.

"Okay, okay. I'll come!" I sighed. Shrimp and grits sounded sooo good that I could taste it in my mouth right now. How convenient that tonight was my cheat day of the week. I desire my mother's cooking over anyone else's, but their chef will have to do.

"Great!" Savannah cheered dramatically. LeBron grinned and nodded at me.

"Let me call Julius..." I said, tapping his contact in my iPhone. Julius, Blue, Rita, and I were all in the car trailing LeBron and Savannah to their home. We did stop at Wendys on the way there for Blue. Rita bought her something as well since she's allergic to shellfish.

This sick feeling emerges in my stomach as I suddenly find myself lamenting the agreement to have dinner with them. Is this what LeBron endured when he had to fake-it-to-make-it every time he was around Jay? With the roles now reversed, I definitely grasp the uncomfortableness of being in this circumstance.

It's different when you're around their spouse because it's like a rough punch of guilt to the face, and despite the sting from it, you have to remain calm. With that being said, LeBron knowing how strenuous this is, why would he put me in this situation? At least with him, he was either hanging with Jay by choice or he was given a warning whenever he was around. 

"Why is he pushing this?" I kept querying myself. It seemed suspicious to me. Something didn't sit right with my spirit, but I tried to brush it off for the sake of a free meal. We finally pulled into a gated driveway. I watched LeBron's driver type in a code on the key pad to open the gates. We drove through and pulled up to this beautiful, white home right outside of Cleveland.

 We drove through and pulled up to this beautiful, white home right outside of Cleveland