thirty four

christmas 

    Athena blushed looking into the mirror, the dark dress standing out against her pale skin

    Athena blushed looking into the mirror, the dark dress standing out against her pale skin. The natural makeup makeup accentuating her naturally pretty features. Two silver necklaces layered over her chest, silver earrings dangling from her ears, and her fanciest dress boots. 

     Tonight was Slughorn's Christmas party, and though she knew this was a friendly thing, she still wanted to look nice. 

Hermione screeched when she saw the Slytherin girl. 

The two girls smiled and complimented one another. 

Linking arms the two headed down the hallways, on the path to the party. 

Athena had requested that they arrive, fashionably late, as she called it. Which seemed to end up in their favor. When the two girls arrived the party was in full swing. 

Athena let her bitchiest look pass over her face as she sauntered her way through the party, keeping her eyes peeled for raven hair she knocked head first into the blonde boy she had met days earlier. 

Theo smiled down at the girl. 

"Hey Malkin" 

he summered, deep voice rumbling. 

She quickly apologized for running into him to which he offered a small smile. 

"Theo right?" 

she asked hesitantly. 

He nodded, doing a once over of her outfit and then again meeting her eyes. 

"I like your outfit" 

He commented 

She felt her face flush and swore at herself for letting even the slightest compliment catch her off guard.