Prologue

In a small town near the infamous Mt. Ebott holds a population of only 4,000, humans mostly as it was a very conservative town even when the monsters broke the barrier that most humans completely forgot about. 

It was a pleasant town, it had a downtown area where most of the population fled to whenever it was possible. While there wasn't a lot of things to do around here, there were two nice bakeries that seemed almost identical to one another, a library that was filled to the brim with books that hadn't even been touched, there was also a lovely park with an open field right in the heart of the small town.

While most of the things that were listed were mundane, the main reason why anyone came there was to see the Mansion on Loft Avenue as it was surrounded by beautiful greenery that never seemed to fade no matter what season it was. It was a four-story wooden building painted black with some areas being made out of a monochrome scheme of gray bricks that had vines crawling up the side of it, making the place look aesthetically pleasing to the eye.

It sold for an amazing price too! So, why did it looked untouched? No decorations on the house were able to be seen as well as an owner. Well, stories say that the mansion is haunted. That a spirit will relentlessly taunt whoever steps foot onto its territory.  Some say that is a demon who had taken the original owners of the house and had made it its own, warding off anyone who comes near or even taking their life.

Of course with old ghost tales like that existing, it was bound to get attention. Priests and exorcists alike had come to the house to "ward off" whatever spirit damned the place, they were all phonies, of course, only wanting the money that came with the job and not caring about anything else.

How do I know that?

Well, I'm still here.

None of those bastards were able to get me out of here, no matter how much they did their showy tricks that ultimately did nothing. They weren't able to see me, no one could. No matter how much I attempted to grab their attention, they would scream and run.

They could do nothing to help.

I don't remember when I gave up on finding a way out.

Every time I attempted to walk off of that lawn, there was always an invisible force holding me back. It was relentless. It angered me. My world slowly turned gray, the world I once saw beautiful was now just a boring monochrome.

I didn't anyone coming over to the forsaken mansion anymore, hell I don't even know why I was there to even begin with. So what did I do? I did what an invisible pest like me did best. I haunted the damn place.

When I say haunt, I mean haunt. Every time someone would step foot onto the lawn I would open the front door slowly on purpose so it would let out a loud creak, reeling in the person who dared to come even an inch near my land. I would slam the door right when they were inside.

I would lock the doors. Did they ever see me? Nope. They never saw me and I didn't want to see them. Later on, in my hobby I figured out a couple of things about myself, first off, I could possess people. When it happened the first time, it was an accident. I wanted to strangle the drunkard that had wandered onto the dusty wooden porch, almost puking onto it. It made me so mad that wrapped my hands around his neck, of course not feeling anything, but I wanted him to leave. Before I knew it, I was in control of his body once I thought of him leaving.

He looked paralyzed, empty.

He marched away, his back straight and his walk unnatural as I thought of him leaving. Once I pushed away from the thought he regained his consciousness, seeming confused and in a daze. Though being drunk, he just shrugged it off and wandered off.