Chapter 3

"House Rules"

Silence.

I floated right above one of the many couches, my legs crossed under my long poncho, my legs covered. I stared down the skeleton, Sans, directly across from me as he seemed to almost be falling asleep.

He had called a house meeting, yet he wasn't doing a good job at following through with the task, dozing off as soon as he landed on the couch.

I continued my one-sided staring contest with the skeleton, unknowing that someone else had walked in. I felt my face scrunch up slightly as I could hear someone talking, yet I couldn't pay attention fully before I felt something go past my shoulder, literally going past it as I shot my head towards the intruder.

"GOODNESS, WERE YOU NOT PAYING ATTENTION GHOSTY??" The tall skeleton had asked in an unnecessarily loud voice, belonging to the one and only Paps, which I found out was a nickname only Sans called him after some investigating. (I totally didn't just look at the boxes that had names written on them.) Also, Ghosty? What a weird nickname, hopefully, that wouldn't stick. Though if it was Papyrus saying it, then I guess I wouldn't mind too much. "OOO! I DID NOT KNOW THAT YOUR HAIR COULD DO THAT! IT IS VERY PRETTY!" He pointed out with a grin on his skeletal features.

I remotely blinked a couple of times at the skeleton before looking in the reflection of the dark TV screen, seeing my hair begin to float above me, seeming whispy at the ends as it evaporated into the air, almost like a flame. It was strange, my hair had done this a couple of times, I never knew why though. The first time was when I had tried to talk to someone for the first time and they couldn't hear me, I got so angry that I kinda threw a fit. Holding that thought in mind...

"Hey, Papyrus, can I ask you a quick question?" I asked, looking back towards the skeleton who had taken a seat next to me, even as I floated in place above the cushions slightly, he towered me in height, so I had to look up into his eye sockets.

"ANYTHING!! I MAY NOT HAVE AN ANSWER TO IT BUT I WILL TRY MY BEST!!" He said joyfully, that grin still plastered onto his face as he put his gloved hands to rest on his knees, rocking them slightly. It was adorable, in an innocent kid kinda way.

"How can you guys hear me?" I asked after he gave me permission to speak. The look the skeleton gave me was pure confusion, so I elaborated. "Like, uh, most people can't hear or see me, but you guys could." Papyrus began to think it over, letting out an audible hum.

"I'M NOT ENTIRELY SURE!! MAYBE IT IS BECAUSE THAT YOU ARE NOT TECHNICALLY HUMAN ANYMORE??" He seemed to question himself before picking up right where he left off. "OH!! THERE ARE GHOSTS THAT HAVE COME FROM THE UNDERGROUND!! NAPSTABLOOK IS ONE!! THOUGH I PERSONALLY DO NOT THINK THAT HE DIED, INSTEAD, HE MAY HAVE BEEN BORN ONE."

I nodded my head as the skeleton spoke, even if I didn't really understand what he was rambling on about. My eyes wandered around the room, wondering when the others would show up to get this meeting started. Papyrus must have caught my look and shot me a kind smile.

"I ALREADY LET THEM KNOW TO COME DOWN, THEY SHOULD BE HERE SHORTLY!! OH, IF YOU DO NOT MIND, COULD I ASK A QUESTION OF MY OWN??" Papyrus asked, seeming not to be able to sit still as he rocked back and forth or he just shook slightly, his eye sockets boring into the side of my head before I looked up at him, giving him the nod of approval.

"I HOPE IT IS NOT TOO RUDE TO ASK, BUT HOW DID YOU PASS AWAY?" Ah yes, the question. It was a question that not even I knew the answer to, it was better off that way. I blinked remotely a couple of times before I just gave the skeleton a shrug.

"Not sure, my memories kinda disappeared from when I was alive," I said simply before hearing the sound of heels, boots, and stomping, in general, come from the stairs, along with some banter. First to enter was Blue, jumping up and down excitedly as he ran over to take up the opposite seat of me that was not occupied.