1

Jordyn Amor

Jordyn Amor

"Honey, please wake up. It's the first day of school and you're going to be late if you keep sleeping," my mother shakes me lightly to wake me up.

"I have work to go to, honey so go have a shower and have breakfast. I made pasta for lunch, you can take that if you would like to, but I have to go to work now. Don't forget your car keys and house keys, and please feed Milo before you leave." She lightly kisses my forehead and leaves my room. "Drop Charli off to school please, he's watching TV. Have a good day sweetie, I love you and call me if you need anything!" She shouts as she heads downstairs.

I groan out of bed and get my clothes and books ready for school before sluggishly walking to my bathroom. I take a quick shower and do my hair and make-up routine.

I grab my bag and rush downstairs, remembering to drop Charli off to school

I grab my bag and rush downstairs, remembering to drop Charli off to school. Charli is my one and only brother who is in second grade, and I love him to death. 

"Sup Charli, what you watching?" I greet him with a fist pump and a kiss on the cheek.

"Leave me alone!" He laughs, trying to squirm out of my arms to avoid the sloppy kiss. "I'm watching Netflix," he says in between laughs.

"Cool," I say leaving him alone and head to the kitchen to make myself an iced coffee and feed our dog, Milo.

*5 minutes later*

"Ok Charli, let's go now," I say as I grab my house and car keys and Charli's school bag. 

"Ready?" I ask as I put my seatbelt on.

"Yes, Sir," Charli replies and I laugh, reversing out of the garage.

*Arrival at Charli's school*

"Ok, buddy, lets, get you to school", I exclaim as I get him out of the car seat. 

"I'll pick you up after school and we can go get something to eat at the mall, got it?" I say to him and he nods.

I kiss him on the forehead and hug him tightly, "Ok, that's enough hugging Gabby," he laughs.

"See you later big man," and give him a fist pump before heading to my car.

*Arrival at school*

I only have 20 minutes before school starts which is very convenient because that's enough time for me to get my books ready and maybe get to class on time.

I grab my Iced Coffee, my bag, and phone along with my keys. 

I'm a Junior in High School so 2 more years until I'm out of this school of HELL!

But then again I have college after high school.

(Author's Note: I am not an American so I don't really know how an American school works, but I'm trying :) )