12

Jordyn Amor

By the time we get in the car, I text my mom and tell we're on the way. I text her that we're on the way.

I put in the aux cord and play "Wasted" by Summer Walker, and sigh into the seat as I look outside of the window. 

"Thanks for today, Grayson. I had an awesome time," I say as I continue to look outside the window.

"No problem, I had fun too," he says as I feel his eyes on me but I continue to look outside.

"You good?" he asks me with curiosity evident in his voice.

"Yeah, just living in this amazing moment," I replied turning my face towards his and smile.

We pull up in front of my house.

I turn to face him, "Thanks again for an amazing day, Dolan," I say smiling.

"You're welcome," he says looking down, "so next Saturday?" he asks.

"Yeah, same time and I'll try not to wake up late and keep you waiting," I say chuckling.

"Yeah, but it's fine, I don't mind, really," he says chuckling. 

"I should go, tomorrow I'm going to Six Flags with my friends," I say looking deep into his eyes.

"Oh, okay, I'll see you around school," he says, smiling.

"Yeah, and thanks again, Gray," I say unbuckling my seatbelt and getting my phone.

"Bye Gray," I smile at him.

"Goodbye, Jordy," he replies back.

I get out of the car as I walk to the front door of my house. Grayson promised me that he'll wait till I get inside before he'll go. So I turn to wave goodbye before I go inside and he drives off.

As I walk into my house I spot my mother and Charli cuddled up on the couch watching a movie with popcorn, candy and other types of snacks surrounding them. I go to hug them both.

"Hey mom, hey Charli," I greet them both with a kiss on their cheek. 

"Oh hey beautiful, how was your date?" she asks me as I hear Charli snicker at her remark. 

I glare at Charli before telling them about our day out and remind her that we're just friends and it was not a date. I tell her about getting to know each more and getting comfortable with each other as if we are friends. I tell her about going to the Santa Monica Pier and having so much fun before getting something to eat at McDonald's and talking for like 3 hours. At this point, Charli is getting jealous because he's never been to the Santa Monica Pier and he really wants to go. I tell him I'll take him there next time. I also tell them about the beach and how relaxing and peaceful it was. 

When I finish telling them about my day I say 'goodnight' to them and head upstairs to get ready for bed. Today had me worn out and it's not even 8 o'clock. 

As soon as I get into my room I close and lock my door. I take my shoes off and connect my phone to my speaker as 'Get You' by Daniel Caesar. I go to walk-in-wardrobe and get a grey oversized Nike jumper with shorts and socks and an underwear and head to my bathroom. I turn on the shower and let the water overtake me as I squeeze my shampoo on my hair and rub it in as I sing along to the music.  About 3-4 minutes later I wrap my hair in a towel and put on my robe. I go to my mirror and start brushing my teeth. I do my face routine and then go back to my bed to put on my clothes. 

When I finish getting comfortable I disconnect the speaker from my phone and head downstairs to refill my water bottle. 

When I get downstairs my mother is still watching the movie and says Charli has gone to bed.

I fill my water bottle and kiss my mother goodnight before heading upstairs.

"Oh, yeah tomorrow my friends and I are going to Six Flags, just letting you know," I tell her as I get a handful of candy from the snacks surrounding her. 

As I head to the stairs there is a knock at the door and I go to answer it.

It's Grayson.

"Oh hey Grayson," I greet him with a confused smile.

I notice him look me up and down before he talks.

"Oh, yeah, when I got home I realised that you forgot your purse so I wanted to come and return it to you, knowing you have your important and personal stuff in there and you might need it for what you're tomorrow with your friends," he says scratching his head while he's looking down at the ground.

"Oh, thanks Gray, I didn't even notice that I forgot that but thanks again," I say as he hands it to me.

"It's ok," he replies.

We stand there for a few seconds just looking at each other, awkwardly.

"Well I better let you go, it's getting late and you need to drive home," I break the silence.

"Oh, yeah. Well, I'll see you on Monday at school?" he asks.

"Yeah," I say.

"Goodnight, Jordy," he says smiling showing off his dimples.

"Thanks again and call me when you get home so I know you made it safely," I say.

"Yeah, I'll text you when I get home," he says, obviously embarrassed.

"Goodnight, Gray," I say and he smiles in reply as I close the door. 

"So what was that?" my mother says interrupting my thoughts.

I playfully roll my eyes at her.

"I forgot my purse in his car and he was just returning it, nothing else," 

"Mhmm," she hums with a wink.

"Whatever mom, I'm going to bed anyway," I say and kiss her on the cheek.

As I walk up the stairs I text Grayson:

me: thanks for returning my purse.

Grayshon 😎 : yeah, no probs, I just got home anyways. Goodnight, J.

me: ok, see you Monday. Night, Gray.

I get to my room and charge my phone and get into bed snuggling in my cool thick, comfortable quilt and drift off to sleep.